Android Question Support for AdMob app-ads.txt files

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I have received such information from ADMob
We are pleased to announce that August 8, 2019, AdMob will start supporting the app-ads.txt file security for publishers who have placed this file in their developer domain.

What is it and do I need to take any action?

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem for me is , For ios apps there is no url, and at itunes connect i cant find any place to specify a domain for the app. Android apps has the url so I put the file withoujt problem.
If Marketing Url is empty then AdMob can't find url.
I also have problem with some apps, with empty Marketing Url.
This need to be tested, but worth to try.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To change the marketing url, we have to submit a new build. omg what a silly thing. What if we dont use the txt file ?
If Marketing Url is empty then AdMob can't find url.
I also have problem with some apps, with empty Marketing Url.
This need to be tested, but worth to try.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

What if we dont use the txt file ?
Use of app-ads.txt is not mandatory, but is highly recommended, especially if you are concerned that others may be spoofing your app.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
just wondering... if they are spoofing your app aren't they adding the same file or refering to the same url aswell? so what's the point?

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to confirm my findings.
Marketing URL is URL for AdMob app-ads.txt file.
After changing URL on Apple Store, you need to wait at least 4 days for AdMob to crawl it.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to confirm my findings.
Marketing URL is URL for AdMob app-ads.txt file.
After changing URL on Apple Store, you need to wait at least 4 days for AdMob to crawl it.
I have changed the marketing url of the apps 24 hours ago but admob console doesnt even show the url yet ? by 4 days to crawl you mean the urls take 4 days to appear or 4 days to status to go green ?

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have changed the marketing url of the apps 24 hours ago but admob console doesnt even show the url yet ? by 4 days to crawl you mean the urls take 4 days to appear or 4 days to status to go green ?

After Apple approve your app, at least 4 days need to pass for AdMob to crawl and show your URL, for some app after 8 days in my case.
If URL and app-ads.txt are correct, it will appear green in same time when crawl occur.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had to update an app so I thought I could take benefit of it to upgrade firebase admob and add the app-ads.txt file.

while I have the file ready I have doubts where I should enter this domain url.

I don't see any "marketing url" as mentioned above just "website" in the google play apps store listing.
Is this the one?

If it is then I have a problem as it points to a facebook app page.

Upvote 0