Wish Suspected potential issue with directory structure or wishlist improvement to assist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel and group,

I don't really know how to classify this one, I have to say bug because it has been told you can run it direct in Xcode, but in the defence of this great software I would have put it more as an inbetween feature request/potential alteration of process. I've tried to ask this question but seem to have not got an answer in the context I have asked it. It is for the people that have paid for the hosting service, (or even non hosting service) and I think it is a really good question that warrants an answer which may be easy to Erel. It is simple, and Erel may have a direct answer.

Issue

1. You make an app, excellent, it works in B4i (understanding the hosted compilation regardless of whether it is in the cloud or not is kind of a silent process to the programmer, and the only reminence you have is a directory called obj/src.

2. I just want to take my project directory and run the xcodeproj and have no errors. I have installed the macserver and the libraries are there but somewhere in another spot built for the automated builder, but that doesn't matter to my cause, I don't mind knowing a process and directory structure to replicate to simply achieve.

3. A running program with no dependency problems. That's all I want (and I'm sure many other native Xcode programmers who love the Rapid VB element of this software but who need to get nitty and gritty and go hardcore Xcode.

So please can someone answer, from the Windows non compiled source (we are given) and the libraries we have in our Libs folder (but not built to work together in a just in time running environment in Xcode):

How can I just take the source code from a remotely compiled app, step by step make changes, either to a plist or directory structure without caring if there is a double up in libs, have 1 single directory, double click the xcodeproj and get a perfectly normal running app in Xcode and not this:

upload_2015-1-24_10-36-17.png

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Even if a simple Hello world example on a yellow background was posted in a zip with a directory structure that worked on both with the really needed iCore/iPhone/iStringUtils.h error not showing and bare minimum dependencies (that didn't rely on the rest) would still answer the question. This is just a sample code app with no changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.