- I just received the second rejection for the most basic App with IOS8. They say that it is just a black screen, however in this release (I have never seen a launch image work by the way) I made a layout show in release mode as they were correct the first time and it worked on my iPad 4 non retina and on my iPhone4s. I suspect it still has to do with the lack of acceptance of any launch image.
There are related problems and this is the appropriate forum.
- it appears that launch images do not work with B4I and iOS8 at all. Can somebody please show me an example I can compile in release as neither debug or release mode shows a launch image ever.
- I installed B4I from scratch, same problem.
- I made a test application, same problem. I was told I would get the white PNG.
- I have added every single dimension for IOS as correct PNG's, and nothing will produce a launch image.
- I was told by Erel that just the default skeleton one would show a white launch, it doesn't.
- Has anyone ever seen a live release mode launch image (or even debug mode with iOS8 and B4i). I hope to help out others if there is an issue as I made a skeleton app and it did the same. I also followed the Apple guidelines and provided all PNGs imaginable. If somebody has a Hello World example with yellow launch images I would love to see it.
- Is it possible, has it been tested?
- Is there a member of this forum that might help us all with a 100% sample with every image resolution imaginable on earth that any Apple device would use with a sample Hello World code that will compile in iOS8.
SECOND ATTEMPT - THIS TIME THEY TESTED IT ON OTHER DEVICES
The screenshots are pitch black images and no layout loads, ever, period.
We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad Air running iOS 8.3 iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
When launched, the app brings up a blank screen.
We’ve attached screenshot for your reference.
Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.
If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in the Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.
For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).