iOS Question Potential issue: B4I never shows launch images, apps rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
  1. I just received the second rejection for the most basic App with IOS8. They say that it is just a black screen, however in this release (I have never seen a launch image work by the way) I made a layout show in release mode as they were correct the first time and it worked on my iPad 4 non retina and on my iPhone4s. I suspect it still has to do with the lack of acceptance of any launch image.

There are related problems and this is the appropriate forum.

2. it appears that launch images do not work with B4I and iOS8 at all. Can somebody please show me an example I can compile in release as neither debug or release mode shows a launch image ever.

3. I installed B4I from scratch, same problem.

4. I made a test application, same problem. I was told I would get the white PNG.

5. I have added every single dimension for IOS as correct PNG's, and nothing will produce a launch image.

6. I was told by Erel that just the default skeleton one would show a white launch, it doesn't.

7. Has anyone ever seen a live release mode launch image (or even debug mode with iOS8 and B4i). I hope to help out others if there is an issue as I made a skeleton app and it did the same. I also followed the Apple guidelines and provided all PNGs imaginable. If somebody has a Hello World example with yellow launch images I would love to see it.

8. Is it possible, has it been tested?

9. Is there a member of this forum that might help us all with a 100% sample with every image resolution imaginable on earth that any Apple device would use with a sample Hello World code that will compile in iOS8.

SECOND ATTEMPT - THIS TIME THEY TESTED IT ON OTHER DEVICES

The screenshots are pitch black images and no layout loads, ever, period.

2.2 Details

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad Air running iOS 8.3 iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

When launched, the app brings up a blank screen.

We’ve attached screenshot for your reference.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in the Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...nch-image-but-apple-is-forcing-me-to-have-one

Seems I'm not the only one.
"Erel, post: 348803, member: 1"]3. Your app was not rejected because of a missing launch images.
https://developer.apple.com/library...s.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007072-CH3-SW3

So Erel, Apple require at least one launch image. Therefore, your logic doesn't work because your App even if I provided none (which is not correct) it would have 4.
https://developer.apple.com/library...s.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007072-CH3-SW3

Problem over. No more trying to help.

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
And it has to fit their test random device because in runtime mode on some devices (I can't figure out them but this time they said iPad Air) - otherwise they reject you.

You don't know the device they will test on.

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
The layout does load in release mode on some devices in B4A but not on others. Otherwise the layout never loads and it stays black. That's what I'm trying to hopefully get people to come together and establish the devices it won't run a B4A app on.

And we don't know their test device. It's a mess.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I am a bit mixed. My upcoming game has a splash screen with white background and Black text on it that stays for about 3 seconds than the actual game menu comes. So Do I need to provide a blank white launch image ?

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
And then you've got the problem of which device they choose to test it on in release mode and the behaviour that exposes, despite what release mode on your test device says.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I am a bit mixed. My upcoming game has a splash screen with white background and Black text on it that stays for about 3 seconds than the actual game menu comes. So Do I need to provide a blank white launch image ?
B4i adds three launch images. Based on Apple documentation you need at least one.

Up until now no B4i developer was rejected because of a missing launch image. You can read the rejection message in the first post. It is not related to a launch image.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. Erel =) Thank you for your answer. So no need to worry.
The reason i asked is until my app gets load it shows a blank black screen and then shows my white splash screen. So i think maybe they want a white screen during the load.
B4i adds three launch images. Based on Apple documentation you need at least one.

Up until now no B4i developer was rejected because of a missing launch image. You can read the rejection message in the first post. It is not related to a launch image.

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel is incorrect. I had launch images for every single type of device. Firstly, none of them have ever shown on iOS8 in release mode on all 3 devices.

Secondly, Apply randomly choose a device to test, in this case iPad Air. One can only assume that no launch image is ok, but with Apple and with certain devices it is not. I have not seen a working launch image in iOS8 release. I believe they work for most devices. Some of the new ones though, even if you supply the right files, cause the layout to not be drawn at all if the launch is missing.

This is fact. I have 3 devices, all running my layout in release mode with no launch image. It is a rule from Apple you must have one. It is correct that in most circumstances the avoidance of a launch image will not affect your App being accepted HOWEVER it will on CERTAIN devices, like iPad Air the one they told me it failed on. They must now try every device as a new rule. It may be an Apple issue that if no launch image from any manufacturer is available for an "iPad Air" whatever the exact model is, it is a bug in iOS that draws a black screen and never moves on to layout.

I factually saw 3 release apps run my layout before submission. It was rejected because it STUCK on the black screen on an iPad Air. How can anyone work with these variables? So it may not be the avoidance of the launch image, I do agree with Erel and it is factually proven because they didn't come back and say it didn't work on my 3 devices, but I do disagree that there is a systemic issue with SOME devices and whether there is a launch image or not, it gets stuck on black screen.

I maintain and have proven with a skeleton standard app that launch images don't work (show black then go to layout) in B4i in my iPhone 4s, iPad Mini and iPad 4 non retina in my own release mode. This is not what stops Apple, but on newer devices it DOES!

Upvote 0

Simon Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not related to a launch image.

I maintain and have proven with a skeleton standard app that launch images don't work (show black then go to layout) in B4i in my iPhone 4s, iPad Mini and iPad 4 non retina in my own release mode. This is not what stops Apple, but on newer devices it DOES!

Based on Apple documentation you need at least one.
I agree, but Apple test it on any device they like and some devices don't continue on to a layout after showing a black no launch as proven here.

I factually saw 3 release apps run my layout before submission. It was rejected because it STUCK on the black screen on an iPad Air. How can anyone work with these variables? So it may not be the avoidance of the launch image, I do agree with Erel and it is factually proven because they didn't come back and say it didn't work on my 3 devices, but I do disagree that there is a systemic issue with SOME devices and whether there is a launch image or not, it gets stuck on black screen.

So no need to worry.
Try your luck. Let us know what devices Apple test it on.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
One of my apps was approved yesterday, without any problems, also another one was approved 5 days ago.
In app testing never have any issue with layout loading.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.