Android Question TabHost on top of other views

gezueb

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to call a TabHost View (linechart) from an existing layout. The Linecharts appears, but the views from the calling layout are still visible and active. How can I put the linechart in front of other views so that they disappear until I press aback button? The method "bringtofront" of the TabHostExtras library does not do the trick either.
Help welcome!

Last edited:

gezueb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel! I loaded an opaque hiding panel on top of the "older" views. This successfully covered all theses "lower" views (labels, text, camera panel), but not the buttons. As there were only five buttons, I just disabled the buttons et voila, the Tabhost appeared undisturbed and I added a back button. On leaving this "upper" layer with the back button, I removed the hiding panel, the Tabhost and the back button and the original views become visible and active again.
I am sure the B4XDialog will provide a more elegant solution. I will try it eventually.

Upvote 0

gezueb

Licensed User
Longtime User
panel elevation in dips? can you give me a hint where I can read about this feature?

Upvote 0

gezueb

Licensed User
Longtime User
I elevated the panel! Indeed it covers what's below. But now the Tabhost and its Back-Button have vanished too. I tried to find some descriptions about this elevation business but I failed. Anyway, by disabling and enabling the views the problem is solved!

Upvote 0