Table doesn´t save data

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello experts in the forum,

I am a Newbie on B4P and I have a special problem, maybe some of you experts can help me ...

I made a sample in which I want to save data in a table.

In the first step it seems to work, but if I open the sample again, the data is not saved correct.

Example:

I make the first dataset with the Firstname (Vorname) "Max" and the Lastname (Nachname) "Muster". The result should be "Max Muster".
Then I make the second dataset with the Firstname (Vorname) "Paul" and the Lastname (Nachname) "Meier". The result should be "Paul Meier".

When I close the sample, the data should be saved into a CSV-Table and into a XML-File.

After that I open the sample again, the results are "Max Nachname" and "Vorname Muster".

When I add a third dataset, the problem gets bigger ...

The next problems are: I doesn´t save the value of the RadioButton "mit Partner" and "ohne Partner". And it doesn´t save the values from the CheckBoxes.

Can someone help me please?

I attached the sample, excuse me because it is in german, but I hope that doesn´t matter in understanding the code problems. Excuse me if my english isn´t good to explain the problem ... please have a look on the sample.

Thank you in advance! :sign0085:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I make the first dataset with the Firstname (Vorname) "Max" and the Lastname (Nachname) "Muster". The result should be "Max Muster".
Then I make the second dataset with the Firstname (Vorname) "Paul" and the Lastname (Nachname) "Meier". The result should be "Paul Meier".

When I close the sample, the data should be saved into a CSV-Table and into a XML-File.

After that I open the sample again, the results are "Max Nachname" and "Vorname Muster".

When I add a third dataset, the problem gets bigger ...
I would suggest to create an extra "trouble shoot" form with a multiline textbox, and simultaneously to writing the files, send the files combinated string to the textbox, in order to preview the text...
I think that your problem is that you are either jumping one header or miss-reading the rows...

The next problems are: I doesn´t save the value of the RadioButton "mit Partner" and "ohne Partner". And it doesn´t save the values from the CheckBoxes.

If you mean that the savecsv or savexml methods are not saving this info, that is because the method only retrieves the table content..
My suggestion would be to create your own custom csv and xml files...

Since your comments are in german and all control texts too, I cannot offer you any specific help, also your app does alot more than your simple problem...
perhaps creating a simpler trouble-shoot project would make it easier to find a solutions for this problem...

Again, sorry for my litle help, as I dont understand german...

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello cableguy,

thank you for your reaction.

I think it would be the best to translate the sample into english (as you said), so there is a better understanding.

If there is someone who knows more german - it would be great ...

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank You All

Hello Erel, Cableguy, Klaus und specci48,

thank you all for your answers!

This is a great Forum for a great software !!!

@ Erel: I tried this at first, but it didn´t help (see the answer from Klaus later).

Klaus helped me in the german forum, so I think this problem is successfully solved.

Greetings.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi specci48 and Cableguy,

I use Google Translator too to read Protuguese, Spanish and Italian. I once even tried Chinese. Works not too bad. However sometimes you need a certain imagination to really understand the original text. But for shure it's much better than nothing.

Best regards.