Table errors

Big JR

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting some errors with Table. It seems to be after RemoveCol operations but it's not consistent. Sometimes I get a "Can't find column [and a number]". But I know the column exists. After the error, the Table shows with a red cross over it and no rows or columns showing. Any thoughts as to what is happening?

Big JR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I've posted up the whole thing as I don't know if I could get a smaller test program to repeat the errors.

I wonder if it just a memory problem. On my Acer n30 I have 7.05MB free storage and 12.76 free program -- but those should be enough??

John

Last edited:

belotrei

Wowww.. i have to admit that your application is VERY nice and beautiful.. But don't you get afraid someone will steal your work? You almost gave all of the source code and components.. Btw, this one can be categorized as a commercial release.. What a hardworking behind... :sign0188:

However, runs smooth in devices below :
I've tested this on hp ipaq hx2750, hx 2790, ipaq rx3715, rx3417, atom exec, acer x51v, dopod 900, mio a700, dopod 838pro, hp rw6828 limited edition, ipaq 1940 (a little bit slow), and xda flame. And it works gOoD! :sign0060:

Big JR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
For me it works fine on PPC and desktop for a while but after successive adding and deleting names and events it gives errors on both desktop and Acer n30 PPC. On name entry it eventually reports errors in the AddRow. On Event deletion it eventually reports the error of not finding the column. Trouble is, I can't figure out what leads up the the errors -- except time and successive operations.

Belotrei,
Thanks for your checking on different devices. Yes, there is always the chance of someone stealing the work but it was more important to get it right before I go commercial. I'm banking on the Basic4PPC community being the honest and knowledgeable people I know they are.

John

Big JR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks Erel. csv seems to be working fine. Haven't been able to get the application to fail yet.

Do you think the problem with loadXML and RemoveCol could be down to my table structure and therefore something I can investigate? I wondered about the use of underscore before some column names and the use of chr(13) including at the end of some cell contents.