Android Question TabStrip documentation.

Tom_707

Licensed User
I'm trying to implement a TabStrip object but there seems to be very little documentation on it. The only information I could find on B4X was the following:

Screenshot.png

Basically no explanation of anything.

Where do I find proper documentation for this object?
Or could somebody at least explain DesignerCreateView, and how to get the object's properties such as TabStrip.Height programatically.

Last edited:

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
abStrip object but there seems to be very little documentation on it
Here is the link to the tutorial.
Also, a great portion of the learning comes from threads and posts related to this subject. In the search box of the forum, if you type 'tabstrip viewpager', you will get several pages of links to several threads. Many of them have code snippets that help.
You may also look in klaus's booklets, there may be some documentation there too.

Upvote 0

Tom_707

Licensed User
Here is the link to the tutorial.
Also, a great portion of the learning comes from threads and posts related to this subject. In the search box of the forum, if you type 'tabstrip viewpager', you will get several pages of links to several threads. Many of them have code snippets that help.
You may also look in klaus's booklets, there may be some documentation there too.

Hi Mahares,

I've been through this 'tutorial' and searched the forum. But like I said, there is VERY little information. I was originally going to use a TabHost, but then it says to use a TabStrip instead because its better. A TabStrip may be newer and have better features, but with such little documentation, it makes it almost unusable. Its really frustrating. Maybe @Erel can help, please.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The "formal documentation" extracted from the API is the last place to go when you want to learn about a new topic or library.

Search for TabStrip or TabStripViewPager. https://www.b4x.com/search?query=TabStripViewPager

Go to the tutorial. Run the example.

If something is not clear then start a new thread and post your question.

Upvote 0

Tom_707

Licensed User
I did a search and found barely any information.
Go to the tutorial.

I went to the tutorial.
Run the example.
I ran the example.
If something is not clear
It didn't explain much, which is why I asked:
could somebody at least explain DesignerCreateView, and how to get the object's properties such as TabStrip.Height programatically.

start a new thread and post your question.

The question is still the same. I'm not sure why I need to start a new thread?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
DesignerCreateView is a sub that you should never call yourself. It is called internally when the custom view is created.

Why do you need to get the height? Which height are you looking for? The internal content height?

Best solution is to use anchors and designer script and the internal layout will be in the correct size.

Upvote 0

Tom_707

Licensed User
Why do you need to get the height? Which height are you looking for? The internal content height?
I have a UI with various Views which change position and dimensions dynamically, based on what the user is doing. I need to be able to change the position and dimensions of the TabStrip programatically too. What way is there to access the TabStrip's properties in code?

Upvote 0

Tom_707

Licensed User
It is not so simple to modify TabStripViewPager dimension at runtime. If you want to move it then put it in a panel and move the panel. You can also change the panel dimension though it will not affect the tab pages.
This will definitely work for positioning the TabStrip. Thanks Erel!!
Is there a way to change the dimensions using a JavaObject and accessing the correct underlying method?

Upvote 0