Android Question tagForChildDirectedTreatment(boolean) deprecated!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Switch to FirebaseAdMob2.

B4X:
MobileAds.Initialize
Dim Builder As JavaObject = MobileAds.CreateRequestConfigurationBuilder(Null)
'https://developers.google.com/android/reference/com/google/android/gms/ads/RequestConfiguration.Builder#public-requestconfiguration.builder-settagforchilddirectedtreatment-int-tagforchilddirectedtreatment
Builder.RunMethod("setTagForChildDirectedTreatment", Array(1)) 'TAG_FOR_CHILD_DIRECTED_TREATMENT_TRUE
MobileAds.SetConfiguration(Builder)

Upvote 0

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this working?
I'm trying to update my games, and I've been rejected allready for several times because of ad content ( Families Policy Requirements ), as my game includes the 9 to 13 age group.
In my last update I switched to firebaseAdMob2 (using version 2.12), I included that code at activity_create and the game got rejected again, as it's still showing ads that may be not suitable for kids.
It's been almost 2 years since I dont use b4x, don´t know if I'm doing something wrong here and I'm a little lost. I just wanted to update a game that is going well on the store and I feel frustrated at this point...

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this working?
I'm trying to update my games, and I've been rejected allready for several times because of ad content ( Families Policy Requirements ), as my game includes the 9 to 13 age group.
In my last update I switched to firebaseAdMob2 (using version 2.12), I included that code at activity_create and the game got rejected again, as it's still showing ads that may be not suitable for kids.
It's been almost 2 years since I dont use b4x, don´t know if I'm doing something wrong here and I'm a little lost. I just wanted to update a game that is going well on the store and I feel frustrated at this point...

Always start your question with a new thread.

Take a look this https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...he-old-google-consent-manager.131852/#content

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this working?

I had some issues so I decided not to target an audience below 18 for all my apps (if they contain ads). this makes life easier.
hmmm..., now I understand why I have such a low install rate on my games :oops:

Upvote 0

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had some issues so I decided not to target an audience below 18 for all my apps (if they contain ads). this makes life easier.
hmmm..., now I understand why I have such a low install rate on my games :oops:

The problem is audience below 13 years old. You have to select target audiences when you publish a game, so if you set the range 9-13 as one of your target (not the only), you have to follow the families policies, wich may be a pain. If you don't select that range, google may think (and will think, for sure) that your game (icon, name, screenshots...) may be appealing for children, so a label that says "Not designed for children" will appear next to your game, wich is harmfull for ASO.
I really don't know what to do, as I included the code above and the guy that reviewed my game saw an Aliexpress ad, so my update was rejected. I've had multiple rejections so I'm a little afraid now.
I think I'll add a neutral age selection screen at the first run of the game, and if the age is below 13 I'll show no ads until I find how to deal with the setTagForChildDirectedTreatment thing

Upvote 0