B4J Question TCP Socket Server, UDP Socket Server, Database and Websocket, can they co-exist?

coley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have an application that I am developing for establishing some logic and intercommunication between two disparate devices.

Device 1 transmits text data to the server on a TCP socket, the server application then applies some logic to this and transmits on a UDP socket to Device 2 which will then send back some confirmation data (text) to Device 1.

I have this working and for now I have hard coded the logic.

I would now like to expand on this and was thinking of putting all of the logic settings/configuration into a database that will be accessed by a websocket app. Data stored in the database will directly affect the interaction between Device 1 and Device 2.

Does this sound feasible?

I'm not that experienced with B4J just yet, I've got this far from using the examples on this forum which I have found to be a a great resource so I thank you all who have contributed.

Regards,
Coley

coley

Licensed User
Longtime User
What are these devices? Android devices?
No, they are component parts of a security system. The main security control panel (ARM) connects on a TCP socket and an input output module (Microchip PIC24 based) connects on UDP, i have no control over the firmware in either of these devices, I just need an application, a piece of middleware to be exact, to bring them together.

I have the basics of the app working now in any case, I amazed how easy and quick it has been to develop, I couldn't have done it without the resources and references here though.

Thanks for a great product Erel, I've been using B4A for a while now but this is my first app with B4J and I have to say it's great!

Upvote 0