Wish @Test annotation

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel what are the chances if is even possible to add custom annotations such as @test, @DataProvider, these would be extremely useful to run TestCases, i'm working on wrapping a library for UI Test Automation and would be really nice if I could incorporate the TestNG library in this wrapper, so that developers can run this type of Unit tests.

I've lost several big projects with big companies due to the lack of this feature, most big companies test their apps using either Appium, Junit, TestNG, or Selenium, i have tried very hard to convince them that B4X can do pretty much anything you can do if you were to use either Android Studio or Eclipse but it's very tough when you don't have everything that is needed to back it up, i am currently working at SnapChat and have developed several projects to automate hardware testing using B4J, a lot of the software engineers are very impressed by what can be achieved with this platform but there are definitely many other things that are needed to have big companies convinced to use it. I have been able to get away with it because i'm a very stubborn person and have made my case by showing them the true capabilities of B4X, i have also developed a few Android apps that are used in the lab to communicate with BLE hardware :D.

I really hope there is a way that these feature can be added, i assume if there is it wouldn't be too hard to add this feature to B4A and B4i as well.

Regards,
Walter

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User