iOS Question Text Size, iPhone Vs iPad

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I have an app on B4X installing on an iPhone 8 everything is good, but when I install it on an iPad Mini 4, the text isn`t resizing? What should I be doing to get B4i to resize text for larger screens?

FYI, Installing the same B4X code onto Android (Samsung S9 & Tab 6) there is no problem, the text resizes...?

Screenshots attached.

Thanks, James

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 5.png
    5.png
    406 KB · Views: 139

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
The text is a custom font, displayed in labels. Label position is controlled by anchors, (e.g. image width will fill the screen) and where I needed by Designer Script (as shown). 'Adjust to fit' is ticked in the Designer. I don`t currently have any script/code to change font size, is it needed?

As I haven`t had to do that on other apps?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I may have just answered my own question, is this caused because I`m using custom fonts, and I`m setting a size for them?
How do I work around that, set the font height as a %?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
FYI, Installing the same B4X code onto Android (Samsung S9 & Tab 6) there is no problem, the text resizes...?
Sounds to me that you are not using dip units.

AutoScaleAll will slightly resize the text when the screen size is larger than the chosen variant.
There is no reason for the text size to be resized too much when viewing it on a larger screen. I'm using a 42'' monitor and the text size is the same as on a 14'' monitor.

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried using DIp but doesn`t help, I need the text to change size as the image is bigger on larger screens and it's to duplicate the face of a smartwatch.
So everything needs to scale the same so it looks right.

Upvote 0