Android Question the app in the movil cannot be created

Pablo Arizpe

Licensed User
Hello i'm new here, my B4A bridge doesn't run propertly i dont know if is a phone problem, but when i finish to compile and B4A tries to make the app into my movil phone, appears "unfortunately the installation package doesn't install the app", into the emulator runs good, but in the movil doesnt, i already install twice the B4A bridge, do you what is the cause?

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Check if B4A bridge has permission of installing external application from your phone settings.
Not sure if this is the same thing, but you also have to Allow installation of apps from unknown sources via Settings, Security:
upload_2019-7-28_15-42-4.png

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
This is not a permission issue.
I've sometimes had apps refuse to install for no apparent reason, but I think the message I got was "install package is corrupt" or something like that.

Recompiling and retransferring the app didn't fix it, so I don't think it was a random data corruption during the transfer.

Has always been fixed by deleting app (being developed, not B4A-Bridge) and shutting down and restarting everything.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have seen "install package is corrupt" several times and it seems to be a misleading catch-all error message. In all the cases that I have seen the problem is that a package with the same name was already installed and was trying to be overwritten with one whose version number was lower that that of the installed package.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The most common causes for this error are:
1. An existing app (app with the same package name) was installed with a different signing key.
2. An existing app was installed with a higher version code.
3. (less common now) An existing app was installed with targetSdkVersion >= 23 and you are installing an app with targetSdkVersion < 23. This is related to the runtime permissions change.
4. (quite rate) minSdkVersion > current device version.

Upvote 0