The club of $ 100,000.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When my app got 1 million dowloads, I need to reply more than 30 emails/day. Almost about problems that not related to my app (they don't know how to use, they don't connect to internet yet, their phones are very low specs...). So, the more you earn the more you get headache.

if you are making enough money you can hire someone to do that kind of work.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
if you are making enough money you can hire someone to do that kind of work.
As one-man-company, I don't want to do this :D

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i am good with the headache. all i want is to have a million downloaded app :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is i made the 10k with 1 text based game ( %70 of the income lets say ) and the game is not earning me anymore
You should investigate (for us, too :p).
1) is your a multiplayer game?
2) is it in your mother language only?
3) is some app similar to yours came after?
4) or...?

When my app got 1 million dowloads, I need to reply more than 30 emails/day. Almost about problems that not related to my app (they don't know how to use, they don't connect to internet yet, their phones are very low specs...). So, the more you earn the more you get headache.
I would not have this problem: I have headaches often (probably because I DO NOT gain that money :D). Moreover, probably gaining much money, you can buy many pills against headaches :p

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would not have this problem: I have headaches often (probably because I DO NOT gain that money :D). Moreover, probably gaining much money, you can buy many pills against headaches :p

Yes, now I miss headache too. But I guess, that my only one shot because I published my app in right time. Just like Flappy Bird, the author can not get that success again.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) not multiplayer but players can compare their scores within the game in android version
2)just in english
3)only few of apps coming after

You should investigate (for us, too :p).
1) is your a multiplayer game?
2) is it in your mother language only?
3) is some app similar to yours came after?
4) or...?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Dont have an idea about itunes but on google play some of them is between 10k-50k like my app and one has 100k-500k

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Then you have enough money now to complete your donation for ULV... ;)

but when I use the ULV at some of my apps I can surely give you the rest, no problem. its a great work :)
for now, i dont used ULV on any of my apps.

Last edited:

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just read a book on App marketing. I will not say what one but find one and read it. Apps are not programs (no matter what we all think) They are small chunks of code that are exposed to a large audience and depending on the marketing they live or die. Honestly, we need to understand the App market. Just my 2 Kopecks.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think – so true!

I would love to understand app marketing better.

Did you find the book helpful?

Right now I'm just relying on people randomly finding my apps on Google Play. I would like to keep my marketing budget around $0– I don't think my apps deserve more than that.

Way back in 1992 or so I mentioned my small Windows software programs a couple times in a CompuServe education forum even though it was seriously frowned upon. it was effective, though.

Were there any suggestions for zero budget marketing?

Barry.