They are coming

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
will take over 2376 days
Isn't it too optimistic? I read that star TOI-700 is at about 101.5 yl from Earth..
Anyway, i don't use FB so no problem; where can I apply for a property certificate? :)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was thinking along a different path.. We (humans) at some time will eventually embark in a looong journey to colonize that planet. It will take us some time to destroy it as we are happily doing with Earth..

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It isn't enough to have intelligence to create a civilization. You must also have the appropriate extremes in order to be able to manipulate the matter. When I get back on my computer I will post a video that I filmed in the zoo of Berlin in 2014 which shows that elephants also have intelligence but with the lack of appropriate extremes this intelligence stayed elementary. According to a known Youtuber biologist two are the key ingredients to advance a civilization. Extremes and language (given that there is intelligence).

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was thinking along a different path.. We (humans) at some time will eventually embark in a looong journey to colonize that planet. It will take us some time to destroy it as we are happily doing with Earth..

You are absolutely right UDG. The earth has catched a virus: humans. Maybe that's the Fermi paradox filter that's in front of us.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to become completely idiot, to finally be happy!

[Fortunately I'm not far from reaching this goal 😁]

I suppose you will never be happy because the presence of humor is an index of high intelligence and also low anxiety.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is the footage I wrote about before. This elephant shows signs of high intelligence. Here is what happened: The zoo in Berlin do not confine animals within wire netting but rather with sunk fences. Thus the animals are kept away from people but it doesn't completely look like a jail. The elephant in the footage fell hungry and after looking everywhere in his space and not finding anything to eat he put his front feet on the fence and grabbed a plant which though had with it soil and roots. In order to get rid of the soil he did what it is displayed in this footage.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I suppose you will never be happy because the presence of humor is an index of high intelligence and also low anxiety.
yes, but #1 shows that @LucaMs has a fertile imagination, he's toying with you : its a hoax 🤞👊✊🖖 , fake news, 👌💪 now we know what he does in his spare time away from B4x when the Italian sun gets to his brain. ...... ☀

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, but #1 shows that @LucaMs has a fertile imagination, he's toying with you : its a hoax 🤞👊✊🖖 , fake news, 👌💪 now we know what he does in his spare time away from B4x when the Italian sun gets to his brain. ...... ☀

The video in #1 is obviously a hoax (artistic representation) and I was not reffering to this since the discovery of new planets at least for now with Kepler space telescope is done only with light curves (light of the star drops when the planet passes in front). I was reffering to the word troglodytes and generally to the otherworldly life.

P.S. If you are reffering as a hoax to the fact that there have been planet discoveries in the habitable zone just Google Kepler space telescope.
P.S.2. Also take a look at: https://www.space.com/nasa-tess-first-earth-size-habitable-exoplanet-toi-700d.html
P.S.3. I wasn't aware of TESS at all. It seems that programming is like a jumanji. :D:D:D:D:D:D