iOS Question This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified

NagyLajos

Licensed User
Hi @Erel!

I have been struggling with Adhoc sharing of my application for days now. I use a local builder with an enterprise B4i license. I recently renewed my license and downloaded version 8.3. B4iBuildServer 8.1 is linked to this version. I did the old development on a virtual BigSur MacOS installed on Proxmox. B4iBuildserver 8.1 required a newer version of Xcode, so I tried downloading the latest version, 14.3. Xcode asked me to update BigSur. Unfortunately, we couldn't do this and Ventura didn't want to upload to the Proxmox VM either. I decided to buy a MacMini M2 with MacOs Ventura. I have installed everything (B4iBuildServer, Xcode, Apple Configurator 2). Since my Apple development certificates have expired, I also prepared them from scratch. I tried to compile the half-finished app, but the following situation arose:

MacMini is connected to the local network with cable.

Developer iPhone (iPhone 8, iOS 16.4.1):
- B4i-Bridge: successfully installed with AC2, connects to B4i via WiFi
- if I want to debug via Wi-Fi, it asks for installation, the app's installation icon appears and it says "Waiting". Even for half an hour. In the meantime, the debugger times out.
- if I turn it to release (with Wi-Fi bridge connection), then the situation is the same as with debug.
- if I download the finished release to my computer and upload it to "installonair.com" from there, the app installs fine and works well.
- if I install the finished release with AC2, it still boots up and works fine.

Test iPhone (iPhone 6s, iOS 15.7.5):
- if I want to install the finished app with AC2 or via "installonair.com", it says "Unable to install ....." and "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified" message and cannot be installed.

I have already remanufactured everything several times, reinstalled B4i, manufactured the "Private Sign Key", certificates, keys, provision files, reset the MacMini, but the situation is unchanged.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Last edited:

NagyLajos

Licensed User
Hi @Erel!

Thanks a lot for the temporary code for the hosted builder. The situation is still bad. It works fine on devices added to Apple ID, but on foreign devices the integrity could not be verified message still appears. I will try to remake the provision files tomorrow, but I don't understand the problem.

Esetleg a feltöltött app: https://ioair.link/t8dnh7
I am attaching the mobile provision file.

Many thanks

Lajos

Attachments

• licitmgadhoc.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Upvote 0

NagyLajos

Licensed User
I understand.
As far as I remember, 2 years ago, when I last developed for iOS, it wasn't like that. We were then able to test it by installing it on an independent device before sending it to the AppStore.
But if this is the case now, then you have to adapt to it. Then you will have to upload the intermediate versions to the AppStore as well.:)
I thank you so much for everything. 🙏

Upvote 0

NagyLajos

Licensed User
I have only two problems with the application:
1. The app only works on devices added to development after turning on developer mode.
2. If I use the hosted builder, the app installs nicely with the help of B4i-Bridge, and debugging also works well. If I use the local builder, the message "Unable To Install ....." "Pease try again later" comes in both cases. If I compile it with the local builder and then upload it to installonair.com, it can be installed nicely.
Any idea what it could be? In the past (under BigSur), there was no such problem with the local builder.

Upvote 0