Android Question This is not a question, but a suggestion about SQLite directly

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like you to avoid what happened to me.

I was testing my app and data that my app extracted from the db did not correspond to those that were using the same query on SQLite Database Browser.

Immediately I thought of working on two different db, but I had taken the db directly from my smartphone, a moment before, so I discarded this hypothesis.

Then, the problem had to be in a routine of DBUtils. I followed step by step the few lines of the routine: the problem could not be there.

In short, in some strange way, if you "download" the db from your device, using Windows, you may find that you get an old version. In fact, immediately after, I used Eclipse to pick up the db and there was no problem!

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Chances are you had a buffered bunch of transactions even if sqlite object was supposed to have finished with it :)

Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Uhm... using Close it should be commit all transactions, or not?
I'll try to recreate that situation :)
Unfortunately, not. Not in the sense that they're not executed, they are! Still, there can always be a temporary instance of your db, even after a 'close' and this used to puzzle me for some time in the past (somehow I think it's connected to how android's handling resources). In the end, I just accepted this behavior, no time to thoroughly search its cause :)

Upvote 0