B4A Library [Tool] Simple Library Compiler - Build libraries without Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure what I need to expose yet since I can't get the library built to build an app. What do I need to do to hide everything so the library builds? Once I get it to built, I can then go and start exposing methods and properties.

The library I'm trying to wrap is the Chromecast Companion Library (https://github.com/googlecast/CastCompanionLibrary-android

SigneFurax

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,

As I use B4A mostly to quickly wrap java classes into Android applications, I was very interested in SLC, but I encounter a funny problem. Testing it on the FirstLib example, everything seems OK (no errors & both jar&xml are created in the proper directory. What happens is that he jar file is OK, but the xml file always contains just a header with no class information

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<doclet-version-NOT-library-version>1.04</doclet-version-NOT-library-version>
</root>

I’ve tried a few things (moving both code, and SLC to no-space directories, fooling around with annotations, using an older BADoclet version) ...to no avail. Nevertheless, when I create the lib the old way (with Eclipse), javadoc creates the complete xml file and the lib works fine. Using the SLC-Jar and the Javadoc xml also make the lib work fine in B4A. I haven’t used B4A for quite a long time, and upgraded recently to v5.20, so I guess I may have some bad config somewhere. Do you have any ideas about this? I thank you in advance
Cheers

SigneFurax

Licensed User
Longtime User
That was it.
Reading from previous posts that it should not be left blank, I had left the -b4aignore field untouched from the downloaded example. Suppressing all did the trick.
Sorry for the stupid question, and thank you for your quick answer.
SLC is a real treat...
Cheers

ArminKH

@Erel
is this possible to add an option (maybe in future) to obfuscate compiled lib? same as b4a obfuscation ?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How do I get SLC to point to javac 1.7.0_79 and not to javac 1.6.0_15? I have both version installed but SLC keeps on using javac 1.6.0_15. I notice in another post that there is a "ini" file that needs to be edited and changed but can't find any such file...

EDIT: Solved - sorted it out.

Last edited:

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the following error:

B4X:
error: lambda expressions are not supported in -source 1.7
(use -source 8 or higher to enable lambda expressions)

I've modified the -b4aignore field and added this: "xxx -source 8" but the problem remains...

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, this happened during the compilation of an Android library... so I'm kind of lost here...

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately there are no jar's available for the library I want to use.

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I'm using SLC to build a wrapper for external .jar files.
The external library needs several .jar files.
When I put all those .jar files manually into a single .jar-file and use

@DependsOn(values={"singlefile-pgplib-android"})

it works.

Is it also possible to set all the external .jar files so that I don't have to do that manually or is SLC only working wit a single .jar file?

Thanks,

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel ,
Can SLC be improved to show warnings ?
A library compiles fine but with lines like these :

finish: C:\AdditionalLibs\Mylibname.xml
4 warnings

Completed successfully.
I don't like Eclipse nor Android Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…