Java Question Traces of "old" version of Java project found in Jar files

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When wrapping projects I do all my editing with Notepad++ and then compile it with Simple Library Compiler (SLC). I have come across the following phenomenon on a number of occasions - "old" versions of a newly compiled Jar remains in the Jar. See the attached JAR for those that are able to peek into the jar.

It shows two wrapper folders:
1. mobilevisionbitmapwrapper and...
2. mobilevisiontextwrapper

mobilevisiontextwrapper has been removed from the Java project but yet it still shows when I peek into the Jar with jd-gui.exe - after I have compiled the code with the "mobilevisiontext" folder being removed. The only way to get this sorted out is to delete the "bin" folder in the Java project and then recompile the Java code with SLC. If I do it this way then the new Jar is "clean" i.e the traces of previously used folders with classes that are no longer required are gone. Any explanation why this phenomenon occurs?

Rgds

JS

Attachments

• MobileVisionBitmap.jar
    10 KB · Views: 235

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, that happens even with the old source files being removed. I compiled a Jar for someone last night and the above jar is the result of that i.e there are old source files in the Jar. Then deleted the bin folder and recompiled it and the old source files were no longer in the Jar...I have come across this on more than one occasion....