Share My Creation Trader Pulse

Trader Pulse is an app to track the Stock Market and get financial information.

It's FREE, you can get Trader Pulse from The Android Market.

Any comments (positive and negative) are welcome.

Attachments

• Main.jpg
    Main.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 7,131
  • Portfolio.jpg
    Portfolio.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 441
  • Quotes.jpg
    Quotes.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Extras.jpg
    Extras.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Details.jpg
    Details.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 380
  • TabletShot.jpg
    TabletShot.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 441

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice looking and prensented app!

Couple of issues I've encountered:

1 - When i click on the quotes button, and get the focus into the text box, the keypad comes up. If i click any of the other buttons, like main or portfolio, the keypad still shows.

2 - From main screen, we can swipe left or right. If I were to swipe a 2nd time before the first animation ends, the screen shows a blank screen.

Great app by the way!

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice looking and prensented app!

Couple of issues I've encountered:

1 - When i click on the quotes button, and get the focus into the text box, the keypad comes up. If i click any of the other buttons, like main or portfolio, the keypad still shows.

2 - From main screen, we can swipe left or right. If I were to swipe a 2nd time before the first animation ends, the screen shows a blank screen.

Great app by the way!

1- Yes, that's a little problem, after you enter a symbol you have to either press ENTER or tap on the GET QUOTES button, I'll hide the keyboard when tapping on any of the buttons you mentioned. I'll fix that.

2- That happens when the buttons are pushed too fast, it seems I need to tweak/fix that, if you see a blank screen just tap on the BACK button on the device it will take you to the main screen.

Thanks for the input.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I've fixed the issues and uploaded the new version to the market, which seems is still having problems refreshing apps. :BangHead:

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
A whole lot smoother now!

The blank screen still shows if the swipe action is done multiple times.

Also, when I clicked the news button, the news list shows up. So I click on one of the news items, the first time it popped up options to launch with both opera and the default browsers (I have both on the device). I cancelled the action, and when i click the news again, nothing happens :( Going back to main screen and back to the news list still does nothing when i click the items.

Will test further :D

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The blank screen still shows if the swipe action is done multiple times.

What exactly are you doing? so I can see myself what's going on, you have a tablet or a phone?

The browsers thing...hmmmmm, that's interesting, I'll see if I can replicate that, I'll install another browser, I have only the default installed.

I appreciate your feedback.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
What exactly are you doing? so I can see myself what's going on, you have a tablet or a phone?

Very nasty things! :D

I have a phone. From your main screen, where the chart is shown. If I were to swipe my finger on the chart from right to left, the screen kind of "folds" in, then it folds out again.

So lets say I swipe it once, as it is folding in, if i were to swipe again, it is like it does not "unfold"... black blank screen. Should not be an issue as I doubt users would be swiping it multiple times like that.

Cheers!

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nasty things! :D

I have a phone. From your main screen, where the chart is shown. If I were to swipe my finger on the chart from right to left, the screen kind of "folds" in, then it folds out again.

So lets say I swipe it once, as it is folding in, if i were to swipe again, it is like it does not "unfold"... black blank screen. Should not be an issue as I doubt users would be swiping it multiple times like that.

Cheers!

Well, on my phone nothing happens if I swipe, just curious, what phone is that?

And please, keep doing nasty things, that's how you truly test a program :D

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's an LG Optimus One (P500). Could be the slow processor on the device (600mHz) causing it... but then again, it is not a show stopper... works great overall...

back to being nasty!

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, when I clicked the news button, the news list shows up. So I click on one of the news items, the first time it popped up options to launch with both opera and the default browsers (I have both on the device). I cancelled the action, and when i click the news again, nothing happens Going back to main screen and back to the news list still does nothing when i click the items.

Ok, I've installed Opera Mini and I was able to replicate what you said, well sort of, because by going back to main and then back to news works, HOWEVER, if you go to the details screen and then click on the NEWS button nothnig happens, I think I'll add that to my FAQ's, it seems it's Android and not my app.

Last edited:

Libor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good

With regard to portfolio, it would be great if you could have multiple portfolios. Also I haven't found a way to remove something from the portfolio.

Using Samsung Tablet 10.1

cheers

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your feedback.

Most of the items have Click and LongClick events; I haven't uploaded the User's Guide to my website yet.

I will add your suggestion of multiple portfolios to the list of possible future features.

Thanks again.