Trial vs Paid License

Gmation

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK guys,

I had to take a three week hiatus but I am back to really dive into B4A.

Please tell me what I get with the license that I don't get in the trial version. I.E. what will not work in trial version, if I can/cannot package an App for publishing etc.. I could not find this info on the website.

I am aware that there is support outside of the forum but I am more concerned with what I won't be able to do with the trial version that I can with a license. Reason being, I would not want to spin wheels trying to learn this software via the trial version only to learn it has been watered down whereby I might lose valuable time during my learning/research time.

Thank you

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not 100% sure but I believe with the trial you are unable to download and use external libraries. In addition, I believe you can't publish your app (apk).

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
two main things are un-availabel in Trial:
- Download the user-developed dlls (libraries)
- Every app is limited to 1 Activity only!

Upvote 0

Gmation

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I do believe that as I am a soon to be convert from A.I. which I will still use for small quick jobs.

What little I have seen of B4A, I love!

Upvote 0

legion48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Gmation

Up until two weeks ago I was using AI and now I'm on the verge of publishing my first b4a app! I took the 2 year deal and am really enjoying learning how to write code.

Upvote 0

Gmation

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Legion48,

As soon as I sent my early post that said "OK thanks guys" I purchase a license and will start the learning process shortly.

What is your coding background?
Was AI your first introduction as it was for me?
How long did it take you to finish your App in B4A? I know you said you were using AI 2 weeks ago but is your current App an App started from scratch or is it an AI conversion?

Thanks

Upvote 0