trojan, virus???

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to know if zip files or any other files that are uploaded to this forum by all members are they been scanned for trojans or virus??

Is it safe to download files from here from any member?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, i am really surprised now.
thanx erel for making this clear

I will be more careful now ...

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't matter how much I trust a site and its users, I ALWAYS scan files myself! It's so easy these days to have an infected PC and not even know it which can lead to even the most well intended post being infected and infecting others.
That said, I've never come across any suspicious files on this forum to date and I've downloaded quite a few :D

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesn't matter how much I trust a site and its users, I ALWAYS scan files myself! It's so easy these days to have an infected PC and not even know it which can lead to even the most well intended post being infected and infecting others.
That said, I've never come across any suspicious files on this forum to date and I've downloaded quite a few :D
I even use a sandbox (Sandboxie) for my internet tools so anything coming from internet is in the sandbox and cannot do any harm to my PC.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This the first time i hear about sandbox...

I think i will format my notebook and install sandbox... (my notebook is running to slow..:()

Thank you informatix :)