Android Question Trying my luck again - NFC - reading Credit Card Help is needed

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,
i've tried and also posted a post in Jobs (for hiring a freelancer)
i need to read a credit card using NFC
i've searched everywhere but couldn't find an answer
i need a demo or a programmer to provide this code (with payment)
the need is very simple:
1. read track2
2. get all tags (or tags i will provide the list to the programmer)
all in one go of course
in B4A

any one can help with a sample or writing it ?
thanks

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,
i've tried and also posted a post in Jobs (for hiring a freelancer)
i need to read a credit card using NFC
i've searched everywhere but couldn't find an answer
i need a demo or a programmer to provide this code (with payment)
the need is very simple:
1. read track2
2. get all tags (or tags i will provide the list to the programmer)
all in one go of course
in B4A

any one can help with a sample or writing it ?
thanks
I am trying to wrap one but dont hold your breath....

I have got the library compiled and now need to make sense of a wrapper

Upvote 0

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to wrap one but dont hold your breath....

I have got the library compiled and now need to make sense of a wrapper
thank you!
it seems odd that one one here had ever tried this as no one replied with a working solution
i was sure that now when mobiles are so popular and replacing all other devices this will be a hot item
i look forward to see your success...

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No joy. Library compiles fine but once added to a b4a project and compiling the B4A project there is like a zillion errors that basically tells me that I should quit wrapping libraries. No idea what the errors are about. Took forever to try and find applicable jar dependancies....javax imports seem to be the major issue. So, leaving it here for now until my next life...sorry, tied but failed.

🤔

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This seems to at least connecting to my credit card

Upvote 0

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
No joy. Library compiles fine but once added to a b4a project and compiling the B4A project there is like a zillion errors that basically tells me that I should quit wrapping libraries. No idea what the errors are about. Took forever to try and find applicable jar dependancies....javax imports seem to be the major issue. So, leaving it here for now until my next life...sorry, tied but failed.

🤔
First thank you for the good will and trying.
I hope a solution will be found and soon

That shows me that there's a real unsolved problem that limits b4a

Strange

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can also connect with this sample but too much of a dummy to extract the info.

Upvote 0

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
This seems to at least connecting to my credit card

Yes
But it's a closed apk and nothing I could learn from it
I did try to ask but got no respond... 😢

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No joy. Library compiles fine but once added to a b4a project and compiling the B4A project there is like a zillion errors that basically tells me that I should quit wrapping libraries. No idea what the errors are about.
What sort of errors? Are you willing to give me the library source to look at.

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What sort of errors? Are you willing to give me the library source to look at.
Give a few minutes and will post it. Have shut down my laptop out of pure frustration...😡

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That shows me that there's a real unsolved problem that limits b4a
nothing to do with b4a. i can read data which are available in b4a. you really have no idea what you're talking about in this matter.

I did try to ask but got no respond...
false. i have responded in length several times to you

i can read what that open source library can read. it can read what i can read. i have explained to you over and over the limitations of trying to incorporate such code into a commercial app. the reader has to have certain information and software only available from card issuers (or it has to act as an intermediary between the card and the issuer). card issuers do nothing for free.

trashing b4a (especially here) is pathetic.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't see what you are responding to here. I assume that perhaps there has been some private conversation with Zeev and that his requirements cannot be met without some proprietary information. Correct?

Upvote 0

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fir
nothing to do with b4a. i can read data which are available in b4a. you really have no idea what you're talking about in this matter.

false. i have responded in length several times to you

i can read what that open source library can read. it can read what i can read. i have explained to you over and over the limitations of trying to incorporate such code into a commercial app. the reader has to have certain information and software only available from card issuers (or it has to act as an intermediary between the card and the issuer). card issuers do nothing for free.

Sorry for how you feel
I had no intention to say anything bad on black, I said that there is no solution
I still think so as I did not see anything resolving that issue yet

As per what can or cannot be read I can tell you from knowledge that this is not true as the data I want to read is a data that can be read from any nfc reader, however I couldn't do it and I asked for help.
It has nothing to do with issuers or credit companies, 40 years as expert and consultant to the industry schemes I think are a good experience...

The problem is technical only, nothing is hidden

Once again I had no intent to hurt any feelings nor b4a or anything else and I deeply regret for your feelings
Sorry

Upvote 0

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nothing private. all in his multiple threads. the proprietary information required is available for many hundreds of thousands of pick-your-currency-unit. i have explained to him why he cannot base a commercial application on any library which cannot guarantee providing the data he requires.

Upvote 0