iOS Question Trying to get app to the store

wl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just completed my first iOS app and tried to push it to the app store.

After uploading the IPA I got this in an email from Apple:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

I'm not using Apple push (only camera, location and starting the email app). Is there something I can/need to do ?

The status in itunesconnect is still "prepare for sumission" although I added a description and uploaded the IPA (did not include any screenshots etc) ? Is there something more I need to do ?

Thanks