Share My Creation Twinny Points

Twinny Points

Beta Phase is finished and in production now!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=twinnypoints.gg.goilsoft.de

Here is my new Creation "Twinny Points" in Beta Phase:

Play Store (Beta Tester) Tjank you to all testers.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lsoft.de&hl=de&ah=ZYg2HuoY8LExDI396tKrvV1kFg8
web_hi_res_512.png

How to play
Let the Twinny go further step-by-step. It is an One-Finger-Game.

It is getting harder every 10 steps the further you go. It is easier and allowing more distance in the beginning but it is faster and you need tho get nearer to the center the higher you get. But watch out, if you let the Twinny go across than you missed the Target.

Relax every 10 steps and let the Green Twinny collect the coins.

You are able to see Rewarded Videos. Use this Rewards if you missed a Target but only if at least Level 30 is reached.

In case of having your Google Play Profile set to Public you will see your Achievements and Scores in the Leaderboards.

Beta Phase
Since the App is a Beta Version I would like you to test this App and let me know you thoughts.

Technical
The App makes use of XUI2D (Box2D) including Google Play Service for Leaderboards and Achievements.

Monetarization by Banners, Interstitial and Rewarded Videos.

Privacy Consent Form for fulfilling the GDPR law.

ImmersiveMode, BlurredDialog, Drawer, Badger, CustomStringBuilder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190127-210323.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-210323.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 371
  • Screenshot_20190127-210341.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-210341.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Screenshot_20190127-210405_Google Play Games.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-210405_Google Play Games.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Screenshot_20190127-210623.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-210623.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot_20190127-210640.jpg
    Screenshot_20190127-210640.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations on your new game @Gunther

1. after installing it i was asked to install google play service and decline and app closed. opened again and again it closed. i am pretty sure it is a very bad idea to force a user to use or install something to be able to use your app. think about it. after the user already decided to install your app and then waited for 1-2 mins (depends on his internet connection) to download you app and install it and then he must do another task to only see what that app is all about. you should really consider that!

2. the game idea is nice although the UI is not very uptodate. try to improove it.

good luck :)

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear iLan,

thanks for testing and feedbaack. Both of your points are good and reasonable. Not sure if one can assume that users have already GP-Services installed. I know one can not assume anything im programming. Check, check, ckeck. But the GP-Services is only less than 10 Mb and it is worth to have it. On the other hand I have with GP-Service login an elegant way of have a internet connection check in order to have the ads downloadable ;).

Pics don't need to be fancy or extra ordenary. Sometimes the gameplay rules above the visual impression. Sure once can improve that, if you have the skills or willing to engage someone how have it. (A simple cyan background, a simple pic of an pan, hand which throws a beacon in it and you have to bounce back the beacon to a target = 1.200.000 downloads.)

Not sure which one rules at this one here. It is most probably a treat-off between skills, reality and testbed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here is Israel (and I am sure in all over the world) we have a lot of meetups between companies like Google,.. and developers. I was in one of such a meeting in Tel Aviv and they explained there for about 4 hours how to improve ads and downloads and also gave some tips on your app UI.

they said that according to statistic you have only a few seconds to impress your user so after he already decided to try your app and install it (that's alone is already hard enough) and he opens your app the first 5-10 seconds are the most critical once and if you make any mistake the user will probably uninstall your app.

so, on start, you need to try to make your app enough interesting for him to keep trying your app so closing the app because he has no Google play service will lead 100% for an uninstall. the thing is that even if he has Google play service but it doesn't mean that he wants to login to your app. In my case, I do have google play service installed but it was not up to date because i don't use it. always if i am asked to login into google play service i don't accept and keep using the app without this feature but you force me to use google play service and that is not the right way.

in my opinion, all apps that even ask for it on first start already force me to click 3 times on CANCEL and waste 5 seconds before i even looked at the app so that's already a big minus in my opinion.

let the user check your app after play it on second or third start ask him to login to google play service and if he doesn't accept ask him again if he reaches a new high score and tell him that his high score is very high on the google play service leaderboard and if he wants to see what place he is then he only needs to log in. like this, you can MAKE him to login to Google play services.

anyway, i have games that i finished them (36 levels) that also use google play services but i never logged in and the developers did the right thing and only asked me if i want to log in on a new app start and not every level or so.

so this is something you need to consider. about the UI you could maybe make templates and let the user choose what template he wants to use. maybe he can buy templates with coins he collects in the game. one template could be a ball instead of a circle like a basketball or soccer... you can do a lot of stuff with that kind of game.

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks again for shareing the impressions of the meetings and you are right.

As you see, at least I have added the Coins Collected to the screen and it will be also uploaded to the GPS.

I was already thinking to add those features to change the the pics of the Twinny by using the collected Coins.

Screenshot_20190201-092623.jpg

Last edited:

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so far to all who tested the App.

I worked a little on the comments and re-loaded the App via the beta distribution channel (use the link in post #1). Please check if the new Version is from 15.2.2019.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Download.png

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did some play testing aswell.

Easy to handle which makes it accessible for everyone.

I don't know if the speed increases after a while to make it more difficult?
I got till level 78 and a score of 9389 but if didn't seem to go faster.

I would prefer that the placed ball got centered to the horizontal middle of the screen.
Now it random locations.

I just spotted that I now get a "You Missed" fault and game over if I missed a target bubble.
Bizarre because I earlier had a few times that I had it go completely around without problems.

Sometimes I failed for valid placements.
Is the outer circle of the target bubble valid or not?
I think in some cases if you hit it on the border at the farmost position of the next one you simple can't make it to the next one.
I wasted 3 or 4 retries and couldn't reach it :)

Some stars can't be catched either probably due to the above.

The banner is distracting and I clicked it once by accident.
Try considering interstitials once every 5 minutes or so.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
An exit app option in the side menu would be usefull aswell.

Good luck with your game!

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
you hit it on the border at the farmost position of the next one you simple can't make it to the next one.
Thanks for testing. Actually it is not a bug it is a feature. The game play behind is to set the ball a close to the center as possible. It starts with 30% of the Target radius and gets less the higher is gets at every 10th Target. Same for the Rotation speed it is incresaing. But not after the Target 80.

The green Twinny is allowed to do a full circle if its is collecting the coins. On all other targets you get a 'you missed!'. Actually you missed to press = too late.

Therefore it is intended that you placed the ball not good on a Target that may be the next one is unreachable. By Chance only the next Target is not in the straight line and helps you to recover that Situation.

Interstitials coming but only if you have about 21 till 28 times not reached Level 21. Then it resets this counter.

Last edited:

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I saw that in the Play Store an old version was available only.
Now the latest version is available, 0.82.

Please check if the new Version is from 15.2.2019 or later.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the app list on my phone shows 0.8.

aren't betas not auto updated?

Edit: there's nothing to update as the Play version is from 31/1. Where do I find the latest then?

Edit: nevermind I now get the latest version after clicking some tiny update icon in google play. I'll give it another test later today.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, It looks better now that you first get a menu.

Just some cosmetic issues there like not correctly centered icons and a missing button for info about the game play.

The only thing I find annoying inside the game is that each time that "I die" I get this log in into Play services dialog.
Maybe it's better to skip the updating if the person is not logged in into Play services?

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, yes - was struggeling with the "Designed for Families"-Tick. And therefore it was taking too much time to be presented at the store.

The cosmetics are to be done much better but the slightly offshifted icons to the left are intended. Actually the Game Controller icon is centered between the font left and left edge. And this rules the center of the Leaderboards crown, which is centered below that. With the same distance from the left edge the Archivements icon is placed.

Not sure if the words of "Leaderboards" or "Archivements" shall be to the right of it, but no space and a language issue. I was trying to avoid a maximun of words or chose such which are well known, like "Highscore" etc. This is concerning mostly the Reward chosing option dialog which I should present in a translated language. (Anyone whoch what to send me the 4 sentence in Espaniol/Catalan, Russian, Arabic, Polish etc..? ;))

The annoying GP Service login is a bug which is caused by a not completely sign-in or canceled one and it is trying by AutoConnect to get a connection. I will see to solve that, too.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this game based on some other game that I haven't heard of? Or is it an original idea?

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually it is not intended. I my display noting to see of some beta. May be since I pulled myself out of the beta testers ..?
Screenshot_20190224-132011_Google Play Store.jpg

And Erel it is not the first App using B4A with XUI2D on the Play Store since as I remember right you mentioned that you have upload Compass App where the needle is driven by a wheel joint, right?

Thanks for all.

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I my display noting to see of some beta.
You are right. It doesn't show it when I open the page with a different browser.

And Erel it is not the first App using B4A with XUI2D on the Play Store since as I remember right you mentioned that you have upload Compass App where the needle is driven by a wheel joint, right?
Not exactly. I've added iXUI2D to a B4i app of mine: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/b4i-coordinates-calculator/id915366768?mt=8
iXUI2D is a special library as it is written in C++. This is not the case with B4A / B4J XUI2D.

It is not a game and it is not in Google Play :)

Gunther

Licensed User
Longtime User
To say thanks, here are codes for the Full Version ready to use beginning of 03.03.2019 00:00:00 GMT+1:

Twinny Points Full

B4X:
1. VUHKN5LS0UC0LEF4M2HW665
2. SRM1YJSB1QBFF3G8TFCB33K
3. WYM8XPS7QWP7JDTSK5F6P8A
4. FB3P253S86E8AEX49ZS790V
5. Z0PWWUCJKTNXGBZWJ41WU6F

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the difference between the new full version and the free one with ad remover?