Tool ULTIMATE LIST VIEW question

I have created an Ultimate List View with ULV.Bulkadditems(Cursor1.rowcout,"Layout1",0).
Cursor1 is a Sqlite cursor, resulted by 15000 items query.
I edited an item in the ULV and i saw the changes on the ULV, but when this item go "out screen" the ULV return to his original value.

I can´t update the Cursor1 as cursors are read only.

When I update an item of the ULV I must do another query to the database and reload all the 15000 items on the Ultimate list view ?

Is there another solution ?

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have created an Ultimate List View with ULV.Bulkadditems(Cursor1.rowcout,"Layout1",0).
Cursor1 is a Sqlite cursor, resulted by 15000 items query.
I edited an item in the ULV and i saw the changes on the ULV, but when this item go "out screen" the ULV return to his original value.

I can´t update the Cursor1 as cursors are read only.

When I update an item of the ULV I must do another query to the database and reload all the 15000 items on the Ultimate list view ?

Is there another solution ?
I'm not sure i understand completely, but it seems to me that when you edit an item in the ULV you need to make sure you Update that specific record in your database, otherwise when that edited item goes out of the screen, it will recycle to the original record on the database.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Walter

Antonio Ferreira

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure i understand completely, but it seems to me that when you edit an item in the ULV you need to make sure you Update that specific record in your database, otherwise when that edited item goes out of the screen, it will recycle to the original record on the database.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Walter

Thanks for the reply.
My problem is that I create the ULV with a Cursor (15000 items) resulted on an Sqlite database query.
As cursors on B4A are readonly, when I update one item in ULV i can´t update the cursor that i use to create the ULV.
When the ULV.item goes "out screen" and after "on screen" it will recycle to the original cursor record.

My question is if there is another solution or i must reload all the 15000 items of the ULV cursor each time i update one item on the ULV.

Excuse me for my bad english.

Thanks