Android Example UltimateListView Example

This is an ULV example I wanted to share for a long time, since I thought it was *very* cool.

It demonstrates:
- Sticky headers
- Swipe gestures
- Animations (appearing out)
- Selected State, multiple selection with click
- Secondary Category/Alphabetical ULV allows you to jump in the first ULV to an alphabet like in Contacts

Requires: UltimateListView, AnimationPlus, Phone libraries

Really check this out if you want to know what ULV can do in a real world scenario.

Attachments

• ULVExample.apk
    183.9 KB · Views: 1,671
  • scrtemp.png
    scrtemp.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 4,198
  • ULVExample.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,835

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried the example, and it is very cool indeed, but it would be simpler by using sections. So I modified it to add sections. I also added the application icon in the items and I changed the jump code to place the first item of the section at the top.

Very nice. It's possible jump to letter directly, without show scroll of all items in list? If yes, how I can do this? Thanks in advance.

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Screenshot_2015-03-24-12-58-23.png
Hi @thedesolatesoul and @Informatix,

Thanks to you 2 I now have a great working ULV with an animation and a swipe with some buttons ;)

Saludos and have fun,
Helen.
Uh nice, i'm working on releasing an update on my very first app, and i'm using the ULV library, i had a hard time learning how to use it at the beginning but thanks to Informatix for his help, I think i finally can say i feel very comfortable using it.
here's a screen shot of what my app looks like with the ULV library.

sorry about the small image, ;)

Walter

Devan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Informatix I already donate via Paypal. when can I get th ULV.

Thank you

Devan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks buddy...

Smee

Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 33065
Uh nice, i'm working on releasing an update on my very first app, and i'm using the ULV library, i had a hard time learning how to use it at the beginning but thanks to Informatix for his help, I think i finally can say i feel very comfortable using it.
here's a screen shot of what my app looks like with the ULV library.

sorry about the small image, ;)

Walter
That looks fantastic Walter, could you advise the font and where did you find the code examples for the buttons. Good work on that app :)

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
This problem should be fixed with this new code.
Instead of storing all icons in a map, I save them to a cache:
B4X:
pMap.IconID = ConvertNameToID(packagename)
Dim Drawable As BitmapDrawable = PM.GetApplicationIcon(packagename)
ULV.FeedDiskCacheWithBitmap(Drawable.Bitmap, pMap.IconID, False)
And I read my icon with LoadImageAsync (I don't set a location because the icon is supposed to be found in the disk cache):
B4X:
ULV.LoadImageAsync(IV, "", PMap.IconID, Gravity.FILL)
I added a function in this example, ConvertNameToID, which will probably be useful in all cases where you want to convert a string to an unique identifier. With very long strings, there's a (very small) risk of collision so you should use it mainly for file names, people names, etc.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 263

davidpishwa

I tried the example, and it is very cool indeed, but it would be simpler by using sections. So I modified it to add sections. I also added the application icon in the items and I changed the jump code to place the first item of the section at the top.
Hello, it gives the following error when running, can you help me please?

Compiling generated Java code. Error
B4A line: 92
AnimInCatULV.InitializeTranslate(\
src\com\maximussoft\ulvexample\actpackagelist.java:524: error: cannot access AnimationWrapper
mostCurrent._animincatulv.InitializeTranslate(mostCurrent.activityBA,"AnimInCatULV",(float) (0),(float) (0),(float) (-_catulv_width),(float) (0));