Android Question Unable to implement the KeyvalueStore 2.31 in a b4X Pages app

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
As per the post,

I was , with assistance from forum, able to run the given example in the above post.

However I am unable to code the same in a B4x Pages implementation 'cuz it is not allowing me to select KeyValueStore/KeyValueStore2 in my library reference.

I am using B4a 12 (64-bit) ...

Please help.

Thanks

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use the newer library KeyValueStore 2.31
Hi !

I am using the same 2.31.. see attached screenshot but the gui is not allowing me to select that KeyValueStore..

Attachments

• screenshot_unable_to_select_the_keyvalueStore.jpg
    screenshot_unable_to_select_the_keyvalueStore.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know where I downloaded this sample project. Maybe someone posted in B4i forum before. I modified the layout to run in B4A. Try to run it.
Hi,

Yes ! I am also able to compile your uploaded project and install it on my mobile. It runs fine too..

When I open it in the IDE, the Keyvaluestore is selected all-right in the Library Manager.

But it does not allow me to unselect it (which is obviously not to be done).

Likewise, as I have already mentioned in my previous screenshot. When I attempt to open a new b4XPage project and try to select the KeyvalueStore it does not allow me to select the KeyValueStore.

I am using the latest version viz. B4X 12 (64-bit).

Summarising, in the project that you sent and which works perfect, in the IDE it does not allow me 'unselect' the KeyValueStore in the IDE's Library Manager. I think, this behaviour was not there in the earlier versions of B4a.. If you unselect something in the Library Manager, it will allow the unselection but the Intellisense will complain that 'you are missing a library reference'.

Likewise, in any new B4X Page project, it does not allow me to 'select' the KeyValueStore in the IDE's Library Manager.

What could be the issue ?

Please help.

Thanks..

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is weird. Except "Core" library, any other library can be unchecked from the IDE. Maybe try uninstall and reinstall B4A.
Ok.. It works .. you have to double-click on the particular library reference to add it .. merely selecting on the check-box in the Library Manager does not add the reference.

Ditto for unselecting...double-click to unselect.. merely removing the checkbox does not unselect it...

Thanks for helping..

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unchecking is enough. The problem was somewhere else.
Sorry Erel !

It does not work that way with me.

Merely unchecking does not remove it .. I have to double-click again to unselect that reference from the Library Manager .

As mentioned earlier, I uninstalled and re-installed B4a but still it was exhibiting the same behaviour.

Maybe something wrong at my end.

Nevertheless, so far I have not faced any other issues in compiling and executing projects created with the previous versions.

Hence, will persist with the latest version.

Thanks

Upvote 0