Other (Unofficial) B4A Chatroom

RFI Bill

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you stop an activity

The code below opens up an another activity which is a pdf help file. When my app closes I would like to force close the Help app. Can anyone show me the code to do this exercise.

Sub mnuHelp_Click
Dim iLook As Intent

iLook.Initialize(iLook.ACTION_VIEW, "file://" & File.Combine(File.DirRootExternal, "/BillTest/Myhelp.pdf"))
iLook.SetType("application/pdf")
Try
StartActivity(iLook)
bHelp = True
Catch
ToastMessageShow("Cannot open file.", True)
End Try
End Sub

Upvote 0

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
What's the regular time for chatroom sessions? I'mve checked in a few times and never seen anyone in there

I'm in the UK, so UK time would be good to know. I've been involved years ago in a successful programming chatroom for Blitz Basic that went well and we got quite a community going there. Even met up for drinks at one point.

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's the regular time for chatroom sessions? I'mve checked in a few times and never seen anyone in there

What? Can't be true. tds and NJDude are always there. I thought they live in the chatroom. :sign0162:

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I've been missing lately, been tied up. Please see first post for new chat sessions.

Upvote 0

Spacewalker

Licensed User
Longtime User
invalid Username

Whatever I enter as username I receive:
"Invalid Username"

(I've tried 4 different Usernames...dont think that all of them already exist...)

Heinz

Upvote 0

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you host a regular chatroom with scrolling feed as each person enters the room and says what they feel. ? This use of the BB seems a daft un-techy solution to me....

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why don't you host a regular chatroom with scrolling feed as each person enters the room and says what they feel. ? This use of the BB seems a daft un-techy solution to me....

Could you elaborate a bit? Or perhaps provide an example link? Not sure what you mean exactly

Upvote 0

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
What I meant was a real-time chatroom where each persons response scrolls up-screen.

The upside is all the folk in the chatroom get immediate answers though not necessarily worthwhile ones.

Can I change my opinion ? The downside of a chatroom is usually all the conversations good or bad, are lost since its a temporary event.

This chatroom here does at least maintain history and so can be reviewed and viewed by others later. and probably forces folk to consider their response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
And I'm an idiot (lack of sleep and food) to not realise that this here is not the chatroom :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Damn. I just worked out that these 9 PM chat sessions are actually 5:00 AM the next day for me :(

I can't see I will be able to attend any. Oh well.

Great idea though.

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Damn. I just worked out that these 9 PM chat sessions are actually 5:00 AM the next day for me :(

I can't see I will be able to attend any. Oh well.

Great idea though.

Feel free to join any time, there's usually a couple people in there

Upvote 0

dibb3386

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey, I can never seem to login?? I get an error invalid IP then i get kicked. Tried multiple user names without password obviously. Ive not been able to login to register.

Also tried multiple browsers, opera, firefox and IE (IE is out dated but if the others fail I doubt its that)

I do have to use 3g phone networks to connect to the Internet via my PC(cant afford broadband at the moment,) However i can login in to different chat rooms via Xchat and others so i dont believe it is a bandwidth issue.

Anyone had this or know whats going on?

Edit: Had a bit of a google, is it possible to ask JonPM to change the configuration settings of the chat. Its a known problem with ajax chat.What needs to be done is:
Edit lib/config.php and set $ajaxChatConfig['ipCheck'] to false

If you feel this may be a security risk and you are not happy with doing thats cool. Just let me know so i can keep checking for solutions.

Edit 2: I got a pm from andyDroid still no luck, id tried firefox, was outdated but updated and still the same. Thanks tho

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, config file has been updated. Please give it a try and let me know here. Hopefully nothing bad happens :)

Upvote 0