iOS Question Updated guide to hosted builder?

WhiteWizard

Licensed User
I found on the Hosteed Builder thread: ¨The builders SSL key was updated. The B4I certificate is no longer needed when using the hosted builders.¨

What are the steps to be able to create my frist app in IOS considering only The Hosted Builder and B4I 6.3?, the provision file now is done without the B4I Certificate?¿

WhiteWizard

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The updated guides are here:
Creating a certificate and provisioning profile
Installing B4i-Bridge and debugging first app

¨The builders SSL key was updated. The B4I certificate is no longer needed when using the hosted builders.¨

What are the steps to be able to create my frist app in IOS considering only The Hosted Builder and B4I 6.3?, the provision file now is done without the B4I Certificate?¿
This is the answer (from the second tutorial):

If you are using a local builder then you need to install the B4I certificate:

Open Safari (device browser) and navigate to: www.b4x.com/ca.pem
iOS 10+: Go to Settings - General - About - Certificate Trust Settings and enable the B4I certificate. The certificate is required for the over the air installation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are using the hosted builder then you don't need to do this step. It is not related to the certificate that you created in the first tutorial.

Upvote 0