Android Question upgrade old app existing on google play - help me

fifiddu70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone, after a long time I find myself updating my app that has existed for years on the playstore, before I used marketizer to create the apk file with the keystore and the mtz file now I find myself in total darkness, after updating the app now at version 22 google play asks me to create the app bundle with aab format, I created it but it tells me that I have to sign the app and gives me 3 options:
1) EXPORT AND UPLOAD A KEY FROM ANDROID STUDIO
2) EXPORT AND UPLOAD A KEY FROM THE JAVA KEYSTORE
3) EXPORT AND LOAD A KEY (NOT USING THE JAVA KEYSTORE)

Whichever option I choose tells me to upload a private key, I didn't quite understand what key I need to upload, I tried to upload the keystore key I used before and it worked and it tells me: The private key was not encrypted correctly or is not a key type supported.

days ago I loaded a new app by creating a new keystore key and creating the aab file with b4a and there everything is ok, I tried to insert that new keystore key too but nothing to do ... same answer,
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to update my app correctly?

fifiddu70

Licensed User
Longtime User
solved, i downloaded apk signed v 2 and i followed the procedure, now when i load the apk file with the old keystore key it works perfectly.
Thanks Aeric for your help.

Upvote 0