iOS Question Upload App to Itunes connect Issue (Build not in itunes connect - follow up)

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
As a developing issue to @MList question here https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/build-not-in-itunes-connect.159818/#post-981323
I decided to investigate further and we made contact. What we realized is this.

1. Upload App to Itunes Connect (from IDE) gives Successful upload response BUT
  • The App never shows in the Build Section of the Developer Dashboard (Since 6 days ago till now, she has uploaded multiple builds all succesful but nothing on Dashboard)
  • She does not get the usually Email from Apple that the upload was successful or Finish processing or Missing entitlement.
  • She Uploaded App Version 1.0
2. I uploaded the same build from my End using my IDE (Upload App to Itunes connect) and Within 2 minutes
  • I also uploaded the Same App Version 1.0, and it was accepted
  • She got email notifying her about the new upload which has finish processing.
  • The App can now be seen under the Build

Conclusion
I believe all the uploads do not reach Apple Developer even though the uploading was succesful. This is because
  • As highlighted in Green (Apple would have rejected my uploaded) Because its the same Binary with the same Version Number
  • As stated, she does not receive any email from Apple in the past 6 days she has been trying.

Question?
1. What could have cause this? Is it from the IDE or the Uploader?
2. Why does she keep getting upload successful if the Binary is not hitting her Developer account dashboard?

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, and thanks to all for help!
I could solve the problem:
1. I had to accept the paid application degreement, even if i have only free apps ! After that it worked with our demo App.
2. An Error in PList commands

#PlistExtra:<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
#PlistExtra:<array><dict><key>CFBundleTypeIconFiles</key><array/>
#PlistExtra:<key>CFBundleTypeName</key><string>CSV File</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>LSHandlerRank</key><string>Alternate</string>
#PlistExtra:<key>LSItemContentTypes</key><array>
'V.1.01.0 Export Compliance NUR BEI RELEASE APP STORE
#PlistExtra: <key>ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption</key><false/> ---------> Wrong place
#PlistExtra:<string>public.comma-separated-values-text</string>...

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mcqueccu

I had precisely the experience you describe after uploading a new app build Ver 1.0.1 that was rejected by Apple. The app problem was easily fixed and I uploaded the new build as 1.0.2. The upload was acknowledged by email, but the build never appeared as an option in iTunes Connect.

In this case you need to delete the rejected build in iTunes Connect. Only when you have done that will any subsequent uploads appear as options for review and distribution. I do not believe the IDE or uploader are at fault.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would create a bootable USB and scan the PC, for starters. Then ping the back end of iTunes both from my PC and her PC. Also use the ip-api to make a comparison of all 3 values.

Edit - Silly look like talks. Do not know where this came from as there will be for sure load balancer.
Edit 2 - Does she use a hosted builder or a local one?
She uses a hosted Builder but currently not available. When she returns We will reinstall B4i and see if maybe there is some problem with the installation

I will also try the ping as you suggested

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
@mcqueccu

I had precisely the experience you describe after uploading a new app build Ver 1.0.1 that was rejected by Apple. The app problem was easily fixed and I uploaded the new build as 1.0.2. The upload was acknowledged by email, but the build never appeared as an option in iTunes Connect.

In this case you need to delete the rejected build in iTunes Connect. Only when you have done that will any subsequent uploads appear as options for review and distribution. I do not believe the IDE or uploader are at fault.

Please read my post again. The issue I can Boldly say is not from Apple.

This is because
1. she does not receive any acknowledgement from Apple in her email that an app has been uploaded to her Dashboard let alone have a rejected build
2. You cannot upload your IPA with same version number twice and it will be accepted.

Test Example:
a. She uploaded Hello.ipa version 1.0 (Uploader says successful) - She does not receive any email from apple for acknowledgement
b. I also uploaded the same Hello.ipa version 1.0 (Uploader says succesful) - She receives acknlowedgement email from Apple about New Binary uploaded which we can all see on the Dashboard.

From this you can only conclude there is a disconnect somewhere - From the PC, Uploader, Internet connection, etc...that is what I am not sure of.

Upvote 0

MList

Licensed User
Hello, and thanks to all for help!
I could solve the problem:
1. I had to accept the paid application degreement, even if i have only free apps ! After that it worked with our demo App.
2. An Error in PList commands

'V.1.01.0 Export Compliance NUR BEI RELEASE APP STORE
#PlistExtra: <key>ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption</key><false/> ---------> Wrong place
#PlistExtra:<string>public.comma-separated-values-text</string>
#PlistExtra:</array></dict></array>

Correct way:
#PlistExtra:<key>ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption</key><false/>
#PlistExtra:<string>public.comma-separated-values-text</string>
#PlistExtra:</array></dict></array>

I dont know why when compiling release he did not throw an error !!!! I would have realized much earlier.
Special Thanks to Marc !

Upvote 0
Solution