Android Question Upload/Download Files on Wifi

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all. My problem is to Upload/Download files between an Android tablet and a Windows computer. I have examinated various posts here but I am confused on what to use to start. Any hint? Thanks in advance.

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, but actually I need to add such functions to a B4A app on a tablet, while on Windows side I have to do an app. For exmple I have seen a WiFi chat example with B4j and B4A that may be a basis. Unluckily the B4J doesn't compile.

Upvote 0

GiovanniPolese

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have resolved my problem, after unsuccessfully trying to use SMB library (for example). I tried to follow all directives, with no result. Actually, in the B4a App, there is just one instruction to connect to the Windows computer, and if it doesn't work, after deactivating firewall, and everything related, etc. I see no chance to go on. Also setting up user and password gave no result. The process seem too complicate and may expose the Windows computer to some vulnerability. Therefore I decided to to the opposite: use an ftp server on the Android side, uploading and downloading files with a Windows program. With an ftp server App from GooglePlay I saw that I can obtain my purpose, even using File Explorer on windows side (not an IE browser, while Internet Explorer works, anyway). I write this just to inform anyone that may have a similar problem.

Upvote 0