iOS Question Upload to Apple fail

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am creating my 2nd B4i app and am trying to upload to Apple and it is failing. My other B4i app uploads just fine and has been for quite a while.

I am using the same distribution certificate for both apps.

I get this error message when trying to upload this new app to Apple:

NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Invalid Signature. Code object is not signed at all. The file at path \U201cWonderWorld Luxury Rentals.app/Frameworks/SquareInAppPaymentsSDK.framework/setup\U201d is not properly signed. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate..............................

Attached is the full error log.

What might I be doing wrong or what might I be missing?

Attachments

• new 1.txt
    102.8 KB · Views: 62

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like there is a problem with the Square InApp payment framework.

I assume you are using a local builder.

Here is someone who had the same problem with Flutter and found a fix. Nt sure how this would apply to B4i, but could point you in the right direction

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, I am using the hosted builder. The Square SDK Framework files, I have sent to Erel to install on the hosted builder server(s) for compiling. I am not sure how this framework (a bunch of files) can be signed. Maybe Erel will need to get involved.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I am not adding any reference to the framework in the code but it all works fine while testing. Maybe that's my problem?

I did not write the B4i wrappers for the Square API myself so I do not know how to add any references.

Can you tell from the files I sent you for the hosted builder what the framework reference must be?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1695188294961.png

There is a script file named setup. Maybe it should be removed. You need to ask the library developer.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I cannot get hold of the library developer so I tried the following:

I removed the indicated "setup" script file from the local builder LIBS folder and I was able to get local builder working good enough on my MacBook Pro to create the release file. I cannot get the app to install on my test iPhone when I use local builder instead of hosted builder but I could generate the .ipa file with no problem.

I then uploaded the .ipa file with Transporter and it uploaded fine this time.

I was able to download to my test iPhone using TestFlight and the app runs fine - the Square SDK functions work fine with the "Setup" file removed from the B4i-Builder Libs folder so apparently it is not necessary.

I rather use hosted builder over local builder so please remove the Setup script file on your end and I will try the whole process using hosted builder instead of local builder.

Thanks.

Upvote 0