Android Question urgent help needed - policy & safety forms on google play

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,

i'm lost on google play developer console
i need to change the privacy policy url
how do i get to the right place to do that?
all my google searches did not help as the instructions were not correct
can anyone help?
thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
i did
for hours - nothing worked
now i got to the right place and changed the http to https
the pdf is now accessable
i keep getting warnings from google and i don't understand why
the privacy policy is now as said fully accessable
i do not collect any data
how do i get to the safety form?

now i get

Data safety section in Google Play User Data policy: Invalid Data safety form

Details
We reviewed your app’s Data safety form in Play Console and found discrepancies between it and how the app collects and shares user data. All apps are required to complete an accurate Data safety form that discloses their data collection and sharing practices - this is required even if your app does not collect any user data.
We detected user data transmitted off device that you have not disclosed in your app’s Data safety form as user data collected.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please Note when posting a question, Make sure your title reflects your problem (issue).

Now to your Issue:
1. Click on the application with the issue in the developer console,
2. In the Side menu, scroll to the last section (Policy) and click on App content
3. Look for Privacy Policy - Thats is where you can change the privacy Url
Note: Go through and make sure all sections have the green Check Mark
4. This issue is under DATA SAFETY. Scroll to the last section, you should see it. If your app uses ADs, you must select your app collects Data, and then select the data is for Advertising ID
Details
We reviewed your app’s Data safety form in Play Console and found discrepancies between it and how the app collects and shares user data. All apps are required to complete an accurate Data safety form that discloses their data collection and sharing practices - this is required even if your app does not collect any user data.
We detected user data transmitted off device that you have not disclosed in your app’s Data safety form as user data collected.

1662037216776.png

Upvote 1

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hope @mcqueccu guidance solves your problem. Also follow the advise and change the thread subject.

After many years I have uploaded an app and was successful, all from posting in the Forum.
Google does helps a lot. You may have to check few links or YT videos etc. to get the solution, as I found out, since everyone has his/her own way to explain the solution.

Upvote 0