usb to rs232 (using OTG)

akn10red

Hi, I want to make android version of my PC (C#) code which connects to a OBD-II scanner circuit through USB to RS232 cable. when I connect the device to my android tablet its shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. I can send and recieve data through “slick USB 2 serial” terminal app successfully. Having almost no knowledge of android development I would like to seek help from this forum. if anyone could help, it would be highly appreciated. I only need a kick start for which I need a simple app which has a button and a text box. when button is pressed a string “abcd” is sent and the received data should be displayed in the text box. I searched a lot but couldn’t get any easier guide. although I did find this app with source code: code[dot]google[dot]com/p/android-serialport-api/ but I dont really know how to proceed further. I’m not even sure what content I need to read….

akn10red

You will need to first purchase the full version. Afterward you will be able to use UsbSerial2 library for that.

isn't there any other way to do that? also I'd like to know if there is any way to test the app by connecting the android to a PC... because I want to see what data is coming from serial port api app and also the baud rate etc... only then I'll be able to properly modify that app.... thanks in advance

Upvote 0