Java Question Use DLL created with a different language

David Cochrane

Licensed User
Longtime User
From the documentation it appears that a .dll file created in Delphi, Basic, or C can be put into a B4A library, and B4A can incorporate the Windows DLL file directly into the project without needing source code for the DLL file. Is that correct? Or does the DLL file need to be created with B4A? I have a large application written in Delphi and VB that I wish to port to Android and I am thinking of using B4A. I have not purchased or installed B4A yet. If I can use DLL files that we created in Delphi and VB, this would eliminate 90% of our work in translating Delphi and VB code to B4A code, in which case I will use B4A for this project. Can I do this? Any suggestions regarding this? Thanks!

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, you can't.
And there's two reasons why not. A Delphi/VB DLL can only run on Windows systems. And the most Android devices have a ARM cpu which ist completely different and not compatible to the x86 architecture from PC.

David Cochrane

Licensed User
Longtime User
That makes sense . . . the ability to use a Windows DLL sounded like magic and too good to be true and indeed it is too good to be true. Thank you.