1. *** New version of B4J is available ***
    B4J v7.8
    Dismiss Notice

B4J Question Use multiple Monitors with different Scale

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by ilan, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

hi i have 3 monitors on my desk that are connected to my pc. and when i move my b4j app from 1 monitor to another monitor that has different scale settings (windows settings 125%) what happens is that the layout is reloaded again. is that the correct behavior?

so i have 2 panes. 1 is a login form and the other has different views. so now when i open the app and login the login pane disappear and the second pane appears. now when i move the app to the monitor with different scale settings the app reloads the layout like it is restarting. can i avoid that?

thanx

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

This is handled by the JavaFX engine. Test it with Java 11 as it better handles non-standard scales.

3. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

ok thanx, so just install Java 11? but if someone does not have java 11 on his pc will he get the same behavior? if yes i will need to think how to fix that issue.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Java 11 installation: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

You should then use B4JPackager 11 to create a standalone distributable that doesn't rely on anything.

OliverA likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice