Using custom type across projects/packages

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In many places I save my custom types directly to files using RAF
B4X:
   F.WriteObject(DropPipes,False,0)
This is usually a list of custom type objects (all the same type).

However, these seem to be project/package name dependent.

For e.g. it contains the following text(though its not a text file):
B4X:
com.maximussoft.cloudpipes.dpservice$_pipetypew

And trying to open it from another package/app gives a ClassCastException. The other app uses the same service/ type definition, only the package name is different.

I guess the long way is to save all the primitives my self, whilewalking through the type, I was hoping there was a shorter way.
Also, I am not completely sure about the wisdom to use the packagename in the type definition when saving the object. Is that necessary?

Thanks.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…