Android Question Using the ABZxing Library with Two Cameras

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using the ABZxing library to read barcodes. I recently purchased a new tablet that has a front and back camera. I believe that I changed the camera on the tablet to use the back camera since whenever I start the camera I see my big fat face. But when I call the ABGetBarcode method it always opens the front camera. Is there a way to force ABZxing to use the front camera? Or is there something like using the Camera library that I need to open the back camera first? If so how do I do that with the Camera library?

Thanks

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
I read a blurb on the Zxing barcode scanner that there was an update to the utility so that other applications can specify which camera to use. I guess that the ABZxing library would need to be changed for it to be able to use the back camera. I would assume that the other of the ABZxing library, Alain Bailleul, would need to do that.

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

bocker77

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks alwaysbusy, but when I use the scanner in a loop it ends the sub after the first use. I am going with a scrollview in place of QR codes to select my items.

Upvote 0