Android Question using usb with microchip controler

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by yaniv hanya, Jun 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. yaniv hanya

yaniv hanya Member Licensed User

Hello,
    I"m in the middle of project using android tablet to control a microchip, that in his turn control a machine.
    just sending serial command like- "openWaterPump", "closeWaterPump" ans so on.

I did all my checking using ardoino, and it worked great. now we move to production level and we use microchip controller, not ardoino (this is what the engineer prefer). I use the felUsbSerial LIB.

can it connect to microchip and not only ardoino?

thanks...

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. yaniv hanya

yaniv hanya Member Licensed User

Hello,

I"m trying to use the felUsbSeriel library I found yesterday, for usb connection, and I have some problems with it.

1) Where can I find the device filter xml?
    2) I saw the thread that discuss it, but Where can I find an example of the code that it working? For now I get error of not including some external files, and I don't know which to include.
    3) I put the felUsbSerial.xml file in my xml folder, and I get error that I can't use capital letters in the file name. should I just uncapital them?

thanks

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

1) You don't need it to get started. It is only needed to get the USB permission automatically.

3) It should go in the additional libraries folder. It describes the jar file for the IDE.

An example is available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...tween-android-and-raspberry-pi.62564/#content

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice