Version 6.50 BETA is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
We are happy to release Basic4ppc V6.50 BETA.
This version introduces a very important new feature: code modules.
All code is written inside modules.
Each module can include any number of forms and objects.
Each sub and each global variable can be declared as 'Private' - only accessible from its own module, or 'Public' - accessible from other modules as well.
Controls and objects are always public.

Modules will allow you to better organize and maintain large projects, and reuse components in numerous projects.
The desktop IDE now has a tabbed interface and allows working on multiple modules easily.
Edit: Modules are also fully supported on the device IDE.

There are other minor improvements as well.

This is a preliminary version. The documentation is not yet completed and the program was not tested enough.
The new version is fully backwards compatible with previous versions with one minor exception: GetControls returns the names of the controls along with their module.

All current beta testers should soon receive an email with download instructions.
Help is always welcomed. Other users who want to help with testing and evaluating the new version, please send an email to [email protected].

Further discussions and more information about the new version can be found under the Beta Versions sub-forum.

There are amazing users in this community and I want to thank you all for your contribution and help. :sign0060:

modules.jpg

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is the best news i've had all day, can hardly wait

keep up the good work Erel

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am blown away, Basic4pcc continues to offer the most favorable combination of performance and cost, unparalleled! Other solutions are like a restaurant on the Moon, good food but no atmosphere.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
CF35 Support .. excellent! I'm foaming at the mouth with excitement!
Calm down dear! It's only a configuration file change (If you don't watch the ads on UK commercial TV you won't understand that one :) It's a catch phrase of film director Michael Winner in a car insurance advertisement.). There's no additional functionality, it only applies to the IDE and legacy compiled apps and just allows them to run under 3.5 as well as 2.0.