iOS Question VideoPlayer - won't work in iOS 14

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems that the video player control is not working in iOS 14. Still works fine with other versions.

It gives no errors. I can get it to play by invoking Play programmatically. But it seems like it plays at 2x speed. Even then, the progress indicator doesn't work.

Any ideas about how to make it work?

Jack Cole

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also tried including a video file loaded from the device. If you don't set it to play using code, you can't get it to play at all. Make it play with code, and it does that high speed thing.

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Simulator of IOS 14.0 (XCode 12) - works exactly like in Google Chrome under Windows (sound, the same speed).
iPhone 6s, IOS 14.0.1 - speed is correct, but no sound
I tried LoadVideo / LoadVideoURL and did not notice difference.

I added to Erel's sample

B4X:
#IF OBJC
- (void) soundTurnOn { AVAudioSession *session = [AVAudioSession sharedInstance]; [session setCategory: AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayback error: nil]; }
#End If

and corresponding call before LoadVideoURL
B4X:
    Dim noMe As NativeObject = Me
    noMe.RunMethod ("soundTurnOn", Null)

Now there is a sound on iPhone also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
B4i - 6.80. Frameworks in B4iBuildServer maybe different, but AVFoundation framework is a part of IOS. If you updated to 14.0.1, we have the same.
I attached a project (without Big_Buck_Bunny.mp4 - forum does not allow such big file).

BTW, did you check a level of sound using left top iPhone hardware buttons ?

Attachments

• 1.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
I am not sure that 'soundTurnOn' does not work on iPhones with 14.0. But it's hard to test. because I already updated to 14.0.1.
About simulators with 14.0 (not 14.0.1) I can say that Erel's sample worked correctly without any changes (I corrected URL only).

Guess, not all already updated iPhones to 14.0.1. So somebody can run an attached project.

Upvote 0