VideoView does not show picture (only sound)

adamioan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I am trying to create an online media player application using Audio library or videoviewExt.
In both cases the picture of the video is not visible and I get no error (debugging or connecting). The video source came from YouTube using YouTube APIs.

Here is the code
B4X:
'Activity module
Sub Process_Globals
   'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
   'These variables can be accessed from all modules.

End Sub

Sub Globals
   'These global variables will be redeclared each time the activity is created.
   'These variables can only be accessed from this module.

Dim vvYouTube As VideoView

End Sub

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
   'Do not forget to load the layout file created with the visual designer. For example:
   'Activity.LoadLayout("Layout1")

' Load video
   vvYouTube.Initialize("vvYouTube")
   vvYouTube.LoadVideo("http", "rtsp://v7.cache7.c.youtube.com/CkULENy73wIaPAnPj-qTOiFb3BMYESARFEgGUgZ2aWRlb3NyIQF8As0AtPs-8CwzSe2BvDGNDvPB7EI6RNWvHdRsUJxg5gw=/0/0/0/video.3gp")
   Activity.AddView(vvYouTube, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y)
   vvYouTube.MediaControllerEnabled=True
   vvYouTube.Play
End Sub

Sub Activity_Resume

End Sub

Sub Activity_Pause (UserClosed As Boolean)

End Sub

Changed the stream url to other videos of YouTube, still not working.
B4X:
rtsp://v8.cache3.c.youtube.com/CiILENy73wIaGQmAHG4tZNZXMBMYESARFEgGUgZ2aWRlb3MM/0/0/0/video.3gp
rtsp://v7.cache6.c.youtube.com/CiILENy73wIaGQlSj66VDNPr_hMYESARFEgGUgZ2aWRlb3MM/0/0/0/video.3gp
Can you help?

Thank you in advance.
Adam

Last edited:

adamioan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi adex1, thank you for your reply. The stream comes from YouTube servers, so they don't serve mp4 direct stream.
The real problem is that I can hear the audio of the video but I can't see its picture. This means that file is loaded successfully.

Upvote 0