B4J Question Viewing CCTV camera's using webview

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I am trying to view my CCTV camera's using Webview. I can get the framework of the webcam application opening the URL but no webcam views show, In google chrome I simply use the ip address of the CCTV box, i.e. 192.168.1.143 and it works perfectly, in Microsoft Edge it states the plug-in isn't supported and I get the framework as I do in Webview.

The main difference between Chrome and Edge is that Chrome has to use the IE extension to display the camera images correctly

Has anyone managed to connect to their cctv and found a way to use the IE Extension in B4J or B4A, many thanks, I've looked into it as far as my capabilities allow and I need to know how to use the IE plug-in prior to using the IP address of the CCTV unit?

Last edited:

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Further to my request, I tried it in good old VB6 and it worked with the following simple code, due to, I believe IE being the default browser in VB6

B4X:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
    WebBrowser1.Navigate2 "http://192.168.1.143"
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
WebBrowser1.Silent = True
End Sub

Is this possible in B4J or B4A ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, many thanks for your example but not sure how I could use it, when I use the example I sent in VB6 or using a browser I get the login page, where I have to enter 'admin' no password, then it presents me with the sixteen camera's on the CCTV DVD server?
I'm not sure you could specify a single camera (which would be brilliant if I could)
I've tried just entering the IP address, with and without 'HTTP://" but no joy I'm afraid

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is that Android WebView and JavaFX WebView do not support mjpeg streams.

If there is a login page then it will be more difficult as you will need to reverse engineer the login page and implement it. Might be simpler to use fx.ShowExternalDocument and open the link in an external browser.

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is that Android WebView and JavaFX WebView do not support mjpeg streams.

If there is a login page then it will be more difficult as you will need to reverse engineer the login page and implement it. Might be simpler to use fx.ShowExternalDocument and open the link in an external browser.
Thanks Erel for the reply, I assume therefore there's no way of implementing an IE plugin to use webview in the way I can do it in Vb6, thanks again

Upvote 0