Share My Creation Walk Helper for Blind

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have installed your app .
I may not be well documented , my advice is to test your app features with blind people ...I guess configuring the app functions will be done by a third person that take care of the bind ...
The app has no design for now and you must optimise and cofigure your app to be used on the market ...make it user friendly

arbuz

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is especially for the blind users, why does it so important to make a design to be adapted for everyone? I think everything is readable, or may be I am wrong? If it is the case, please inform. I should tell that I am blind myself and I already have tested it.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you code ? if so I am truly impressed ...

There is no need to make a design ... in the same time make sure everbody understands how to configure and use the app
Designing is not alwasys about makeing the app beautiful ...but it will help you structure and distinguish between controls, images ...and organise
Perhaps I do not understand much of your world ...since a blind man have other values behind phisical aspect of things

Last edited:

arbuz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, it seems that I should clarify something:
So I am able to use my computer, because I use Screen Reader, I use Screen reader in my mobile phone to. You can check how it works by yourself. If you are interested in, just go to Settings in the main screen of your phone's menu, find Accessibility, then turn on the Talkback and you will see what I am talking about. Yeah, I can do the coding, however within B4A there are some things that seems to be inaccessible, and if I can't figure how to handle one or another thing out by my self, I need sighted people to help me sometimes. For example instead of using B4A Editor, I use just a simple Notepad, because main Editor seems unfrendly for my Screen reader. But on the other hand, as much as I have been searching for, I have found, that B4A is mostly friendly for me and I hope that in the future it will be more and more accessible, because there is only way for me to do apps for Android. I write my design logic directly in the activity's code, because I can't use designer in confortable way. Other things, like icons and so one and so forth as well need to be painted by sighted people.
About the videos, I don't know anyone such about that, however you can try to search it in Google, I am mostly sure, that you are able to thing something interesting to see.
But if you want to know some aspects of our life more deeply, then I thing there is a wrong place. May be you can send me a private message.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Coding for blind people is not easy if you are not dedicated to do this, I realised most of the apps made today are not at all accesible for blind ...and this requires special atention nice to find out that is a world that speaks other language and that we can also bring something to life that could bring us at the end satisfaction.