iOS Question We were unable to review your app as it crashed on launch.

Cristian Achim

Licensed User
Hi,
Can anybody help me to understand what this error logs means?
The build is compiled and tested it on the Iphone 6 with iOS 12 and works fine. I don't understand why application crashed on iOS 14.6 (see logs) and the big problem is that I don't have posibility to check this on any device with iOS 14.6.
Errors logs come from Apple acount and are generated on app review.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• attachment.crashlog-7D41D6EC-E4E5-43A2-9D36-909022667A21.txt
    71.1 KB · Views: 218
  • attachment.crashlog-824B822A-507E-464C-AAC2-D64C22C53DEE.txt
    71.2 KB · Views: 119
  • attachment.crashlog-84414DCE-B9C1-4A8E-B43B-E044A7C5B84E.txt
    71.2 KB · Views: 185
  • attachment.crashlog-EE97298F-C170-456F-81C2-22234482840B.txt
    71.2 KB · Views: 135

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Most iPhone users use iOS 14. It is a mistake to develop without a single device that runs the latest OS.

Such crashes are usually related to new required permissions. I don't know what your app is doing so can't say more.
Symbolicating the crashes requires a local Mac: Symbolicating a crash report

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think the best choice when making apps for ios is to buy a mac and run your app on the simulator. many times everything works fine on iPhone devices even running on the latest ios but when running your app on an iPad it crashes. this is why the first thing i did when b4i was announced is to get a mac mini and i still have it and it works fine. i can test most apps on the simulator and also see how it looks on different screen sizes and also make screenshots that are required for the store.

as erel already wrote get an iPhone that can run the latest ios and my advice look for a mac mini. you have many used devices in eBay that are cheap.

Upvote 0

Cristian Achim

Licensed User
i think the best choice when making apps for ios is to buy a mac and run your app on the simulator. many times everything works fine on iPhone devices even running on the latest ios but when running your app on an iPad it crashes. this is why the first thing i did when b4i was announced is to get a mac mini and i still have it and it works fine. i can test most apps on the simulator and also see how it looks on different screen sizes and also make screenshots that are required for the store.

as erel already wrote get an iPhone that can run the latest ios and my advice look for a mac mini. you have many used devices in eBay that are cheap.
Ok. Thank you very much for your support!

Upvote 0

Cristian Achim

Licensed User
This was a reason for crash. Now app works fine. Thank you all for your support!

#PlistExtra: <key>UIViewControllerBasedStatusBarAppearance</key><false/>
Dim NO As NativeObject = App
NO.GetField("statusBar").SetField("backgroundColor", NO.ColorToUIColor(Colors.ARGB(255, 3, 155, 229)))
NavControl = Nav
Dim NO As NativeObject = NavControl
NO.GetField("navigationBar").RunMethod("setBarTintColor:", Array(NO.ColorToUIColor(Colors.ARGB(255, 3, 155, 229))))
NO.GetField("navigationBar").RunMethod("setTintColor:", Array(NO.ColorToUIColor(Colors.White)))
NO.GetField("toolbar").SetField("barTintColor", NO.ColorToUIColor(Colors.ARGB(255, 3, 155, 229)))

Upvote 0