Android Question Webview and HTM file sizes

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Roger Daley, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Roger Daley

Roger Daley Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi All,

A strange question. I use Webview and a HTM file to display Help/Instruction files. This all works well and is relatively simple. The problem arises that it blows out the size of the Zip file for uploading.
    EG A recent Zipped code upload to the forum: Without the HTM file code Zip size ~ 350Kb, HTM file Zipped ~ 3.6Kb. With HTM file included, code Zip exceeds the 512Kb upload limit... ????

Please note my understanding of HTM files extends to the limit that I know you can spell HTM as HTML. I won't be insulted by overly simplified answers. :confused:

The question comes down to:
    Am I doing something wrong or is there simply a better way to present a Help File?

Regards Roger

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

A html file is just a text file. There is nothing special about it. It will not increase the zip size (more than a few kb).

Roger Daley likes this.
  3. Roger Daley

Thanks Erel,

Went back and checked, I found that a number of other files went missing when I removed the HTM from the files folder.
    This at least makes sense. My stuff-up.
    Now to find a solution to the 512Kb upload limit, it looks like it will be a link.

Regards Roger

4. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

You can store it on your Dropbox and share the link to the file here if the filesize is >500kb

Roger Daley likes this.
  5. Roger Daley

Thanks DonManfred,

Looked at Dropbox for the first time yesterday. Great concept, easy to use and perfect for what you suggest.

Regards Roger

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice