Android Question Weird bug which I suspect might not be my fault...

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
My JukeDroid (se my sig) works perfectly on all my devices, and all the devices of friends and family who use it. However, one user gave me a one star rating and a rather crappy review. However, he mailed me as well, and after I gave a polite answer and explained that I will try to fix it, he seemed like a nice enough guy.

The thing is, on his device (Kitkat 4.4.4), he gets a force close immediately on startup. The messege is as follows:

An error has occurred in sub:
Java.Lang. numberformatex
Exception : invalid double : " null "

So, I thought: "This can't be hard to track down, I don't use many doubles". Probably just something I've forgot to give a value if there are no existing settings. A search later, I realized that JukeDroid doesn't use any doubles. Not one.

So, I'm pretty much stumped. How to debug in a situation like this? I can't reproduce the problem, I can't relate the message to my code. It feels like the error happens far down in the java framework.

Help!

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, my suspicion is that it's an effect of not having settings on the first run. I'll poke around a bit and see what I can find. At least I always add a debug setting in my programs to delete all settings files on startup, so that should be easy enough to test.

Upvote 0