B4R Question wemos reset

jerryjukem

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been trying to run a Wemos D1 with solar power. The problem is every night voltage goes to zero and Wemos will not start without a button reset the following day. Is there a jumper or or some sort of programming to allow the wemos to start automatically when voltage comes back up? Please do not suggest battery backup.

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure if this would help. You could put a TP4056 charging board between solar cell and wemos. It should kill the slow voltage start and give either 0v or 5V but nothing in between.

Upvote 0

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been trying to run a Wemos D1 with solar power. The problem is every night voltage goes to zero and Wemos will not start without a button reset the following day. Is there a jumper or or some sort of programming to allow the wemos to start automatically when voltage comes back up? Please do not suggest battery backup.

Can you publish the connection diagram and the exact type of MCU (D1,D1 mini, Pro,....) and the solarcell specification ?

Upvote 0

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I think I have to correct my own reply. What you are looking for is a voltage supervisor eg. TPS3124 (IC). This monitors the input voltage and generates a reset when the voltage is high enough.

Upvote 0